cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond Frustrated! Needing some help and motivation!

tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Beyond Frustrated! Needing some help and motivation!

Before people can give you suggestions, what are you able to pay? Some of what you have in collections? All that you have in collections? Have you done any DVs (debt validations). If you have not- many here will suggest that you start with those first as people have had significant success having baddies deleted via the DV process. For those that have been validated and that you can pay, reach out to the OC to see if they will echange PIF for pulling the debt back from the CA and either reporting the debt as paid as agrees or just not doing any reorting at all once the debt it paid off. I also recommend seraching each of the CAs you have listed here for other posters expereinces. Some CAs will not work with you at all while others are really management. 

Message 11 of 27
Lola412

I can afford to pay all of the CA under $500 at once. I have sent out goodwill letters via email this morning for most of the accounts. However, I researched and found management or what was listed on the BBB website. So honestly, I have no idea if I was emailing the correct or current management. Would you recommend sending DV letters via mail? If not, what is the best way to ensure that I am emailing the correct CEO/ Management? First thing in the morning, I will call all of the original creditors to see if they are willing to pull back from credit agencies. That is a wonderful idea. 

Message 12 of 27
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Lola412 wrote:

Your advice is very insightful and I appreciate it. Here is what I looking at so far for Collections:

Penn State Library $54-2009- Unique National Collections - They will delete upon payment, and send correspondence stating so. They might tell you to contact the librbary and pay them directly (they did to me) and then I got a letter from them stating they would remove it even before my check cleared.

Medical Bill $110 2013-National Recovery agency

Gold's Gym $280-2011-First Credit Services They will delete if the payment is recieved all at once.

Capital One $234 Charge off 2012-(is with Northland Group but capital one is reporting)

Duquesne Light $369 2011 National Recovery Agency

Penn State Federal Credit Union $890-2009-Credit Protection Agency

DIrectTV $862-2011-Convergent Outsourcing Inc

Sprint $1317 2012 West Asset Management 

Comcast $1654 2011 Convergent Outsourcing Inc

Fox Hill Equities $2764 2012 Financial Managment Solutiions

Tmobile USA $1112 2010 Convergent Outsourcing Inc

Receivables Management $593 (Unknown)  If this is unknown, send a DV but they will also delete upon payment. I set up a payment plan with them and when I was done I asked them to delete and they did.

Verizon $2880 2012 Pinnacle 

Any assistance that anyone can provide in regards to PFD success, GW Letter and things of that nature, would be extremely helpful :-)

Here's my two cents! Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 13 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@hopeful14 wrote:

Gdale,  you mentioned contacting the OC and asking them to recall the CA and settling with them.  If they do recall it from the CA does that make it where the CA can't report it to the CRA?

Yes, if the OC agrees to recall the debt from the CA that means they are canceling the CAs authority to collect the debt and with that cancellation comes deletion from your CRs.

Message 14 of 27
Lola412

Thank you sooo much!  I will hop on this right away! 

Message 15 of 27
srchick
Regular Contributor

I was going to comment on your post a little earlier, however, you just made the point I was going to share a little earlier.  All of us on this forum can understand your frustration and desire for accomplishment in rebuilding your credit quickly.  However, you just stated "I'm going to hop on this right away".  That's the key right there...you already nailed it... you want results, and you WILL achieve results if you are consistent in applying the principles you will learn.  I could NEVER have imagined the results obtained in a mere three months.  The suggestions and help provided by the folks on Myfico and the results I've experienced so far make me more motivated to reach my next goal.  I posted in another thread how all of the wasted time I used to spend on Facebook has been transformed by the makeover of my credit and the focus of my new financial security.  Don't be frustrated, apply that negative towards the positive goals you will soon start to see.  Start applying the info you received today, keep at it, and please share your success in the rebuilding journey so other people can be motivated and encouraged.       

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 16 of 27
Lola412

Thank you so much! I absolutely needed to hear that! I get so down about it sometimes. Failing to see that there are others in worse situations than I. I just turned 27 and my goal is to have perfect credit by 30 if not sooner. I have to children and no other responsibilities other than myself. So I believe that I can do it. Last week, there were 5 CA deleted from my transunion report due to disputing them online. I am going to dispute them with the others too! It is a start. I thank everyone for their support it is very muc needed.

Message 17 of 27
Lola412

I meant I have no children lol

Message 18 of 27
JBG
Established Member

big WIN!!!!

Congrats

Starting Score: EQ 504, TU 524, Quizzle 560 Feb 2013
Current Score: EQ 650, TU 679 , EX 667 (1/19/15) All FiCO
Goal Score: 690
Official home owner as of Nov 2013 (Thanks to All of You)
Message 19 of 27
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Are you in Texas?
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.