Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bad Midland

tag
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Big Bad Midland

So I've had Midland off my Experian and Transunion reports for a few months now. However, they kept posting as an open account with a payment history on my Equifax report. The Persistance Gods rewarded me last night.

All it took was BBB complaint.. a dispute of their reply.. a second dispute of their reply. A complaint with the California Attorney General's office... and a complaint with the CFPB. Along with 2 disputes with Equifax...

(breathes out)

Midland has flat out denied there being any late payment history on my account. Over and over despite my report showing to the contrary. I got a SW alert this morning that my score had went up 35 points. I saw no notice as to what, so I pulled my report and lo and behold Midland was gone.

I haven't heard back yet from any of my disputes. Only thing I can think is that it just became too much of a hassle for them dealing with me? Can Midland reinsert them onto my report now that they've been removed? I'm wondering if I should let the complaints ride, or cancel them out to avoid them trying to "correct" their information.

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Big Bad Midland

@cflowers0115 wrote:

So I've had Midland off my Experian and Transunion reports for a few months now. However, they kept posting as an open account with a payment history on my Equifax report. The Persistance Gods rewarded me last night.

All it took was BBB complaint.. a dispute of their reply.. a second dispute of their reply. A complaint with the California Attorney General's office... and a complaint with the CFPB. Along with 2 disputes with Equifax...

(breathes out)

Midland has flat out denied there being any late payment history on my account. Over and over despite my report showing to the contrary. I got a SW alert this morning that my score had went up 35 points. I saw no notice as to what, so I pulled my report and lo and behold Midland was gone.

I haven't heard back yet from any of my disputes. Only thing I can think is that it just became too much of a hassle for them dealing with me? Can Midland reinsert them onto my report now that they've been removed? I'm wondering if I should let the complaints ride, or cancel them out to avoid them trying to "correct" their information.

Grats, its illegal for a CA to report a payment history only an OC can do that, you hit them with the best agencies and they folded to avoid being hit with fines and other sanctions for violating the law. Only a fool would re-report such an item after facing these enforcement boards, if it comes back just file the complaints all over. I would not cancel any complaint let it go to completion.

Message 2 of 4
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: Big Bad Midland

I agree. I would NOT cancel the complaints. Let them run their course. I will have to say, though, that Asset Acceptance came off of all three of my reports about 45 days after I filed a CFPB account & about a month later they came back with a response saying they were correct & would keep reporting. So ... I am waiting to see if it reappears on my report.

I consulted an attorney regarding a possible case against them, and he is reviewing ... said the facts sound good for a case so far. I sent them a little email to let them know I am not satisfied with the CFPB response & I will be disputing, and meanwhile I'm consulting with legal council about potential action should the item reappear. In my case, even by their own false DofFD, they'd have to remove in 5 months. So, I'm hoping they'll decide it's not worth the fight. We'll see ...

Whatever happens, you have faught valiently, so don't cancel out. Keep the pressure on.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 3 of 4
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Re: Big Bad Midland - UPDATE: Weird status

FML, they showed back up this morning? Good 3 day run, lol. My Equifax dispute is now listed as status of "n/a"? Anyone seen this?

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.