Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Discrepancy On Reports?

tag
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Big Discrepancy On Reports?

I don't mean a discrepancy between scores, just the actual stuff reporting.  If you just looked at our Equifax we look like completely solid citizens - no judgements or bankruptcies, 1 inq in the last 2 years, no collections, credit card and installment loans paid on time and reporting correctly - the only negative is a closed first premier card with a couple of lates posted to it back in 2003.

Look at our Experian, though, and it tells a different story!  3 judgements (should be 2 but one is a duplicate), 13 inquiries, and 7 collections/baddies.  Only the credit card reports, not the loans.  

I hate Experian!

It *is* funny though - does anyone else have this??

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big Discrepancy On Reports?

My EQ is also much better than my EX.

Some of it is regional.  I forget the details, but certain regions of the country use one company more than the others to pull scores, and I think that's true for how they decide to report too.

But the differences are good, right?  I mean, I think we benefit from not having all the bad stuff report to all 3.

Message 2 of 3
jennordy
New Contributor

Re: Big Discrepancy On Reports?

In my case, my TU is my worst report.  It has a lot more negatives than the other two.  I've been successful getting things removed thru disputing on all three reports, but TU is still my lowest score (don't know EX score, but based on FAKOs and the real FICOs I have, TU is the lowest).
FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.