Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big EX Jump!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big EX Jump!!!

Since the beginning of my credit rebuild over the last three years, I've become obsessed with monitoring my credit and watching it continuously rise. I have accounts with both Equifax and MyFico to monitor it closely. Back in 2014 my credit took a big hit and I was in the high 500's. Today I just received notification from EX that I'm now at 782! MyFico is still showing me in the 760's so, I'm not sure which model EX is using. I had three inquiries fall off as of yesterday which is the only thing I can think of that would have triggered the jump. I opened up a lot of cards this year lowering my AAoA to 3.5 years (lenght is 11 years), so didn't expect a big jump yet. Regardless, I'm doing a bit of a happy dance today. Happy Friday all Smiley Happy 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big EX Jump!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Since the beginning of my credit rebuild over the last three years, I've become obsessed with monitoring my credit and watching it continuously rise. I have accounts with both Equifax and MyFico to monitor it closely. Back in 2014 my credit took a big hit and I was in the high 500's. Today I just received notification from EX that I'm now at 782! MyFico is still showing me in the 760's so, I'm not sure which model EX is using. I had three inquiries fall off as of yesterday which is the only thing I can think of that would have triggered the jump. I opened up a lot of cards this year lowering my AAoA to 3.5 years (lenght is 11 years), so didn't expect a big jump yet. Regardless, I'm doing a bit of a happy dance today. Happy Friday all Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the fantastic scores.  MF will eventually show the new score as it can take couple days or longer to update.  A score change alone will not trigger an alert.  Look at this link to see what causes alerts.  So you won't see the score change until one of these events occurring.  If your 3 inquiries dropped off after 2 years that wouldn't account for the score change as inquiries only impact your FICO scores for 1 year.  It could be factors that you're not aware of and are double secret Smiley Wink

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big EX Jump!!!

Congrats on the fantastic scores.  MF will eventually show the new score as it can take couple days or longer to update.  A score change alone will not trigger an alert.  Look at this link to see what causes alerts.  So you won't see the score change until one of these events occurring.  If your 3 inquiries dropped off after 2 years that wouldn't account for the score change as inquiries only impact your FICO scores for 1 year.  It could be factors that you're not aware of and are double secret Smiley Wink

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

Thanks Irish! Superhelpful link. It's got to be super secret factors as nothing has changed with the exception of the inquiries. So strange, but I'll take it Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.