cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Score Improvements - They can happen!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big Score Improvements - They can happen!

I am almost to a year since starting my credit transformation, and I can't be happier with the initial results. Though I still have a lot of room to go, I have increased all of my scores by almost 100 points with the help of the forum! Thanks so much. I just purchased my TU score this morning. Not knowing how accurate the simulator is, it did show that had I not missed the report date for my credit card (which I still don't think I did), if I were to pay off it's balance of $364 my TU score would fall in the 727-767 range! Again, thanks all. I was able to purchase my first home this year, and even be able to answer the phone since I don't have the collectors calling. I still have those darn LVNV and Arrow on my report (looks like I am just going to have to let them fall off in about a year and a half), and one more medical that I'm working on, but everything else is clean!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big Score Improvements - They can happen!

Congrats.   What in your experience netted the most point gains?  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big Score Improvements - They can happen!

Everything seemed to be about 10 points. Removing the baddies through the DV was a big chunk of them. I also did one PFD for 25% of the balance and one attempt at a PFD that they removed without me paying a penny! Once that happened, I opened a First Premier card (I know, a lot of bad press, but they helped me) and have 8 months of on time payments. The HIPPA process knocked off 3 of 5 paid med collections, and hopefully it will knock off the other two and I go deeper in the process on those two. When I bought my house, they also didn't report until I had 6 months of payments. That probably helped a little. Also, I consolidated all my student loans - not sure if that did anything or not though.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.