cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big jump on Experian, last derogs are gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big jump on Experian, last derogs are gone!

Hey all,

I recently applied for a new CC and was approved for $8,500 on the Citi Hilton HHonors VS.  A couple of days ago, I get an email from myFico alerting me to a new inquiry on my Experian report and also a 27 point jump (from 723 to 750).  Knowing how the alerts work, I knew it wasn't the inquiry that got me a 27 point boost, but probably the last derogatories falling off my Experian report!

I had 2 student loan accounts with 60-day late payments that I were figuring were going to go positive between May and July of this year, but I guess that came early.  Not complaining at all, can't wait for Equifax and Transunion to be clear as well Smiley Happy

For those who are still rebuilding or just starting the journey, take baby steps, set goals, and relax.  Time will heal your reports, it might take a couple years but it'll eventually come and make the feeling all the more rewarding for all the hard work you'll have put in.

Oz

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big jump on Experian, last derogs are gone!

It's true. There's no real need for a perfectly clean report while rebuilding. If your derogs are a year old, you are making progress and should be granted new credit. The imperatives are paying any OPEN collections so that they can age, and working on utilization.

Message 2 of 5
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I just had this happen with my TU. I got a 23 point jump after an old charge-off and an old collection were removed. Can't wait for later this year for EX and EQ to follow suit!

Message 3 of 5
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I had great news like that earlier this month when my one and only charge off was deleted from TU and my score jumped 93 pts. EX and EQ are due to be clear May - June 2016. Patiently waiting. I get no alerts for Experian from myFico. Last week my EX went up 7 pts and nothing from myFico.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love reading posts. Like this. I can't wait for my last to fall off in April. I'm honestly getting eveything I need with it still there, but I just like the feeling of being clean. 

Congrats OP!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.