cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later never report my debt to credit bureau agencies. How possible ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill Me Later never report my debt to credit bureau agencies. How possible ?

Anyone has unpaid debt on Bill Me Later ? I had this BML from Ebay (I think) since 2011 and stopped paying them more than a year with the balance ~1100. This debt never be reported on any credit bureau agencies. I see nothing on my CR about this BML. It's been 3 years since I have this account. Why it is not reporting on CBAs ?. Can this Bill Me Later be reported years later after I opened the account with them ??. Just wonder why they do not report this debt ? They dont care ??. Will this violate any laws or regulations ? I thought that the creditors need to report any debts to the CBAs to let the consumers know that they are currently the debtors ??. Please advise

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later never report my debt to credit bureau agencies. How possible ?

They are not required to report anything, only that what is reported is accurate and true.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Me Later never report my debt to credit bureau agencies. How possible ?

So, if they hire CA to collect the debt, will this be reported to CBAs and will this affect my scores ?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they hire a collection agency then yes, it will affect your score if it goes on your credit

Message 4 of 6
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

And depends on the type of collection agency. Is it in house and just collecting on behalf of the OC, or was the debt sold and the new CA owns the debt.

Lots a play here.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it never reported to 3 CBAs that I have Bill Me Later account at all which I have this since 2011. So when this debt comes to CA, it will just surprisingly appear on CRs ? Just wonder, because BML never reported to CBAs that I have the account with them since I opened the account. But thanks for the response.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.