cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Out Part of The Letter Before Sending to CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Black Out Part of The Letter Before Sending to CRA's?

Hello everyone.

I sent Central Financial Control a GW letter for 2 paid collections that I had.They treated the letter as a dispute.The positive aspect is that they agreed to delete ONE of the paid collections.This is what the letter says..

"We are unable to confirm that you were properly notified regarding the debt,for account XXXXX.We are in the process of deleting/retracting our collection entry from your credit profile.We ak that you all EX,TU,EQ 30-60 days to process our request from the date of this letter(Jan. 20).If the status of your account does not reflect this change on any other credit bureau report,please provide that particular credit reporting agency with a copy of this letter so they may update this change accordingly."

It will be 60 days tomorrow and the collection is still on all 3 reports.It seems as though I should just send a copy of this letter,as stated by CFC but there is also an account that I plan on using the HIPPA process for that was confirmed to be mine but paid.Is it ok to BLACK OUT the results for the confirmed collection and still send this letter to have the other collection removed?OR should I just send the letter and hilight the collection that the CA has agreed to be deleted.?Thanks for any response!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Black Out Part of The Letter Before Sending to CRA's?

The CRAs act on deletions received from the reporting party, not on assertions of agreements to delete between the furnisher and the consumer.

"Not being properly notified regarding the debt" is not a clear statement that the accuracy of their reporting cannot be verified.  It relates to their debt collection practices, which are not grounds for FCRA deletion.  Thus, in my opinion, it would not constitutue a reason for the CRA to intervene and delete based on their reinvestigation rights.

I would push them to report deletion, and leave the CRA out of it for now.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response Robert!! That makes sense and Im glad that I didnt send the CFC's agreement to the CRA's.I will write up a letter and kindly ask CFC to honor the deletion of the account.I will include their letter as proof that is was indeed agreed upon.Certified mail.Thanks again.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP..I want to proceed but have one last question before contacting the CA.

Robert,when you say "push them to report deletion" does that mean to send a CYA letter to the CA or just to simply write a kind letter asking to delete since they already told me that they would in a previous letter?

Message 4 of 7
aot2009
Regular Contributor

I would go after the CA since you have the letter and start acting like a squeaky wheel until you get what you want. All they have to do is update it to the CRA.
Push them !
Message 5 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@aot2009 wrote:
I would go after the CA since you have the letter and start acting like a squeaky wheel until you get what you want. All they have to do is update it to the CRA.
Push them !

+1 million

They already got your money, you need to squeak your butt off to make this go away.. how long ago was this agreement entered into?

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The agreement was made 60 days ago.I waited the full time and checked for the deletion everyday.I will send the CA a letter asking for deletion along with a copy of their initial letter that said they would delete.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.