cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog of my journey towards financial freedom!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blog of my journey towards financial freedom!

@cody205 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I was in the Navy I was good friends with one of the PN's on the ship. On my last day, as I was checking out he handed me my entire service record, told me to keep it, so I would not get screwed around by NMPC trying to get copies of anything.

I had most of my records, but ExWife destroyed them. She knew that by taking them, she would be hurting me for YEARS to come. I'm still trying to get a Global War On Terrorism Service Medal added to my record. I was awarded the Iraq Campaign Medal, but somehow they didn't realize that I also was supposed to be awarded the GWOTSM. When I got out, I asked them about it, and they said you either get the GWOTSM or the ICM. I said ok because I didn't know any better.

Now years afterwards, I find out that would be true for the GWOT Expeditionary Medal but NOT the service medal. You can have BOTH the GWOTSM and the ICM. Turns out the GWOTSM is pretty much a "give-me" medal anyways, for most individuals who enlisted after 9/11. I actually got called out by someone who knew their **bleep**. They claimed that if I had "REALLY been to Iraq, I would be awarded the GWOTSM as well". He tried to claim I was Stealing Valor until I pulled out a copy of my DD214. I cant be too upset with him, because I probably would've done the same thing, but it should definitely be fixed ASAP to prevent situations like that from happening in the future. EVERY other soldier who deployed with me got the GWOTSM, but for some reason I didn't. =(

As for the Midland account, my request for early exclusion with TransUnion was approved. Should I still take action against Midland Funding to have them delete all files from their records, and possibly file suit against them? Even though TransUnion removed it early, won't it still show up under a mortgage pull?

Sorry to hear about the ex being such a B****.

The mortgage pull thing is extremely rare from what I've been able to determine. It only applies to mortgages in excess of 150K, and I have a feeling to CRA's charge a ridiculous amount for it and that why lenders don't ask for it. I've actually yet to hear first hand from anyone actually getting a 'full factual' report pulled and being denied for anything thats been excluded from a regular mortgage pull. 

I'd suggest going after midland just on principle. It really pisses me off that they would be so frickin arrogant and screw with a vet like this.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.