Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales Charge off Please HELP!

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Bloomingdales Charge off Please HELP!

My husband has a bloomingdales account and I screwed it up big time after 3 years of great payment history.  I made a return back in April and I requested that the return be applied to the bloomingdales account but apparently this return did not cover the entire balance.  THere was a balance of 129 which was past due for months and was now recently charged off.  Well now I am trying to get his scores up and came across this.  I called bloomingdales and they said that the account is no longer with them and that they were unable to take a payment and gave me the contact info for the CA (United collections bureau) The CA is not showing up on his credit report yet.  Bloomingdales shows up as charged off last month.  I called the CA and they said that they can only take payment and wouldn;t be able to update any of the negative information that is reporting.  They said that they would simply report the balance as zero and that bloomingdales would update it as paid.  The balance is now 279.  I was also hoping that they would just take payment and reinstate the acct becauase I know that Macys does this or used to do this.  What is the best course of action?  Pay it with this CA and then GW with Bloomingdales?  Or what can I do?  I asked about a pay for delete but the CA said they don't even update the CRA and they aren;t showing up on the report so I guess that's not an option and Bloomies isn't willing to take payment.  So confused Smiley Sad

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bloomingdales Charge off Please HELP!

If the debt collector has not reported, there is nothing to delete, so a PFD is not appropriate.

You can offer to pay in exchange for not reporting, but if the debt collextor does not normally report, then that issue may also be moot.

The debt collector is correct in their statement that they cannot do anything about the reporting made by the OC.

You would need to request a GW deletion by the OC.  That may be tough since they most likely took a net loss when they sold the debt.

All you can do is try....

Message 2 of 4
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

I guess my only option is to pay it in full then GW GW GW GW GW till the end of time.  Will this account eventually turn positive or will it just drop off in 7 years?

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The charge-off wll become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

After that, the OC account will no longer show the charge-off. 

As to whether the account will become "positive" at that point depends upon what you consider to be positive.

It will no longer include the adverse item or its negative scoring impact.  So that is "positive."

One seeing that the OC sold the debt will be aware that their reporting of $0 debt balance owed to the OC does not necessarily mean the debt was paid.

Since any collection that may also report will become excluded at the same period of 7 years pls 180 days from DOFD, one reviewing your credit report would no longer see an unpaid collection as indication that the debt remained unpaid.

It would take a farily saavy creditor to inquire as to whether the debt was subsequently paid with that CR scenario, but it coudl happen.

If questioned, you would be required to disclose whether the debt was ever pid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.