Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Secured Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Secured Credit card

I was told on the phone that it will be a hard pull since they're going to be looking at everything before depositing more funds.

Should I do it or no?  I have 7 credit inquiries (2 will fall off within a couple of months).  I was going to put 2000 to put my total to 5000 on my secured BoA card

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told on the phone that it will be a hard pull since they're going to be looking at everything before depositing more funds.

Should I do it or no?  I have 7 credit inquiries (2 will fall off within a couple of months).  I was going to put 2000 to put my total to 5000 on my secured BoA card

Given that the CD securing your BoA secured card earns no interest, I guess it boils down to why you need to raise your limit from $3k to $5k. 

Message 12 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Called in today to ask when BofA reports to CRA's, rep told me it is every 30 days, couldn't really give me a date. Sounded kind of odd,but...

While I had her on the line, I asked if a CLI/deposit would result in a hard pull and she said it shouldn't as there is no limit actually being increased, rather an extra deposit. Now I'm a little confused. If I were to deposit money and a hard pull result of it, would I be able to reference that call to get the pull reversed? Or would I be out of luck since policy trumps what reps say?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
Called in today to ask when BofA reports to CRA's, rep told me it is every 30 days, couldn't really give me a date. Sounded kind of odd,but...

While I had her on the line, I asked if a CLI/deposit would result in a hard pull and she said it shouldn't as there is no limit actually being increased, rather an extra deposit. Now I'm a little confused. If I were to deposit money and a hard pull result of it, would I be able to reference that call to get the pull reversed? Or would I be out of luck since policy trumps what reps say?

Knowing BoA, I'd say you'd more than likely come out with the stinky end of the stick.  Besides, I think the representative is wrong.  You do have a limit being increased.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.