Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA, anyone?

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

BoA, anyone?

I had a BoA Student CC opened in 2004, closed in 2010. Over the years, I had many, many late payments going back and forth between 30-60-90-150-180 days late. At some point between the account being late but before CO, I got on the payment plan jazz with BoA (before I knew about PFD). I eventually got the account caught up and paid off but BoA would not let me re-open it so I closed it after PIF. I'm trying to figure out a way to get this account off of my CR. It's one of my oldest, but also one of my most negative. The last late was in 4/2009.

Any ideas for getting this off or any contacts for GWs? I've exhausted what I know so far... Smiley Frustrated

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA, anyone?

When was it charged off / sent to collections?

Message 2 of 7
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When was it charged off / sent to collections?

Don't think that matters now.  From what I understand, he brought the account current (payment plan) then PIF'd at some point and closed the account.  Sounds like it's going to be on his CR for 10 years from the date he closed the account.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Only option I see since account is PIF and closed is GW's 

Other than that 7 years after the last late the account will turn into a positive TL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I agree. Get busy typing GW's and be persistent. You're efforts should pay off. Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 7
Loques
Regular Contributor

That seems to be what I determined as the only option as well. Does anyone have any contacts/addresses/email addresses for Bank of America?

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Loques wrote:

That seems to be what I determined as the only option as well. Does anyone have any contacts/addresses/email addresses for Bank of America?

Out of curiosity when was the last late?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.