Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA approved after 30 day message

tag
bebee25wj
Established Member

BoA approved after 30 day message

I applied for a BoA secured card last week and unfortunately received a 30 day message which from reading most stories here means a denial, but ironically I received a score watch alert today stating my score changed due to a new account added. I figured it was my new j. Crew card. Instead it was a new BOA card with a $300 limit!!! It caused my score to jump 47 points!!!! So maybe they really do need 30 days sometimes. Just a little encouragement for those who received that message
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BoA approved after 30 day message

Message 2 of 8
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Now a lil clarification, please: is this a secured card or unsecured? You seem surprised buy the $300 CL, but wouldn't you have made that deposit amount to secure the card?  Or is your shock just that you were approved? Did you actually make the deposit at time of app?

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 3 of 8
bebee25wj
Established Member

Thank you The $300 cl was unsecured but it is a secured credit card, if I wanted to increase that limit I would need to make a deposit
Message 4 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! That is a great  card. Don't forget to call BofA to add the Cash Rewards feature to the card if you want some rewards, and remember that each time you raise the credit limit they will pull a hard inquiry on Transunion on you - so if you do want a higher credit limit, request all at once! 

Message 5 of 8
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the clarification & a bigger congrats for scoring $300 unsecured. FYI, the other poster is correct: even with a secured card adding a deposit to raise your CL will result in a HP, but for me they pull EX (in PA here).

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bebee25wj wrote:
I applied for a BoA secured card last week and unfortunately received a 30 day message which from reading most stories here means a denial, but ironically I received a score watch alert today stating my score changed due to a new account added. I figured it was my new j. Crew card. Instead it was a new BOA card with a $300 limit!!! It caused my score to jump 47 points!!!! So maybe they really do need 30 days sometimes. Just a little encouragement for those who received that message

Congrats it's always nice to read success stories

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the $300 unsecured! Treat them right and you should have a nice CL in no time. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.