Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Authorized User Not Reporting to EQ or EX, Help :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Authorized User Not Reporting to EQ or EX, Help :(

Hi Everyone, my wife has added me to her long standing Bank of America cards as an authorized user so we can build up my credit. I just didnt have any due to older medical collections (which I have since been paid). About a year ago, I signed up for a secured credit card, and it helped but since its only 1 account, its not enough. 

Bank of America said they would report AUs to all 3 bureaus, but they only reported to Transunion. My Transunion score is 720 but my other scores are 630-650. This is bad because my mortgage lender says they wil take the middle score. Meaning that TU score wont even count. I need that sciore to afford the mortage and get ta 3.5% rate to make it affordable. 

We called Bank of America and now they say they dont report AUs at all (although they definitely reported to TU). What the heck to do? Every person I talk to says something different. Does American Express report AUs to all 3? Im desperate here LOL

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Authorized User Not Reporting to EQ or EX, Help :(

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone, my wife has added me to her long standing Bank of America cards as an authorized user so we can build up my credit. I just didnt have any due to older medical collections (which I have since been paid). About a year ago, I signed up for a secured credit card, and it helped but since its only 1 account, its not enough. 

Bank of America said they would report AUs to all 3 bureaus, but they only reported to Transunion. My Transunion score is 720 but my other scores are 630-650. This is bad because my mortgage lender says they wil take the middle score. Meaning that TU score wont even count. I need that scire because 

We called Bank of America and now they say they dont report AUs at all (although they definitely reported to TU). What the heck to do? Every person I talk to says something different. Does American Express report AUs to all 3?

Your scores are good enough you can get a Cap One card on your own. You could probably get a Barclays as well, since they pull TU.

Not of FAN of AU, even between spouses.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you, I wish I could but I dont have time to get another card right now. Im applying for mortgage this month...so Ill definitely apply after the mortgage. I really need some way to get either Bank of AMerica to report or American Express. 

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I recommend that you first speak with your potential loan officer.

Mortgage underwriting involves a manual review of many aspects of your application, one of which is the fact that inclusion of an AU account makes your score no longer representative of an evaluation of only your own credit risk.

Some mortgage lendors will require removal of AUs so that they can get a "real" score.

I would have a chat with your lendor before adding something that may cast doubt on their use of your score........

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I hear you but I was told by the lender's loan officer to have my wife add me as an authorized user. 

Does authorized user not affect certain fico scores, like fico5? 

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If your lendor recommends it, then by all means pursue it.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounded silly to me but I wil do whatever they ask LOL

So any ideas how to get Bank of America to report it to EQ, or EX? 

Will American Express report to all 3, they said they will.....I heard that from BofA as well and then they said they dont report AUs. 

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The AU procedure is an informal process that is not mandated and not addressed in the FCRA.

There is no basis for requiring them to report the account of another to a consumer's credit file.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did BofA ever report to the EX and EQ? I added my DW as an AU on my BofA cash rewards two months ago and it has not reported on with ANY !

Message 9 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Amex will report to all 3, but it'll only report history from when you were added as AU not the entire history of the card so it won't help much if any.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.