Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Goodwill Help??

tag
mlcole07
Established Member

BofA Goodwill Help??

Hello All!

Looking for some help on a few BoA accounts, I have tried emailing goodwill letters to get these removed from my report and no luck or answer back. I have 3 accounts reporting lates on my CR, they are student loans but I’m not sure if they are classified as student loans or just personal loans….I don’t see anything on my CR saying they are a student loan. I know when I was going to school I only had 2 loans showing but then this third one popped up later on, I did not monitor or care about my credit back then so I’m not sure when it popped up. I know originally it was only supposed to have 2 loans. BofA eventually sold all of these accounts to a different bank so now that bank is reporting that they opened the same time as these did. When I sent the first few letters I just used the emails I found on Google. Does anyone else have any emails that were successful for them??? Any tips or suggestions??

Also on my CR they are listed as AES/Bank of America on 2 of the first accounts and the third one is Bank of America/GLELSI, I’m not sure what that is or means….anyone have an idea?

Starting Score: 542
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Goodwill Help??

You can take a look at the GW letter thread to get some ideas on what works.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

If these are SLs they are real tough to get any goodwill on and the older they are the better.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Goodwill Help??

@mlcole07 wrote:

Hello All!

Looking for some help on a few BoA accounts, I have tried emailing goodwill letters to get these removed from my report and no luck or answer back. I have 3 accounts reporting lates on my CR, they are student loans but I’m not sure if they are classified as student loans or just personal loans….I don’t see anything on my CR saying they are a student loan. I know when I was going to school I only had 2 loans showing but then this third one popped up later on, I did not monitor or care about my credit back then so I’m not sure when it popped up. I know originally it was only supposed to have 2 loans. BofA eventually sold all of these accounts to a different bank so now that bank is reporting that they opened the same time as these did. When I sent the first few letters I just used the emails I found on Google. Does anyone else have any emails that were successful for them??? Any tips or suggestions??

Also on my CR they are listed as AES/Bank of America on 2 of the first accounts and the third one is Bank of America/GLELSI, I’m not sure what that is or means….anyone have an idea?

You will have to contact the loan servicer AES is AES Success. Go to thier website and find their dispute contact info, then send your GW letters. But I do know that AES is lenient with correcting your reports if you were experiencing a hardship during your lates(and can prove it). Good Luck!! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.