Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA- Said No To Good Will

tag
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA- Said No To Good Will

No surprise. I feel sorry for the people who get behind or default on their BOA mortgages. They probably help u pack.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 11 of 18
focused1914
Regular Contributor

really...  wow!!    you sound like them

Message 12 of 18
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

LOL!!!! I'm sorry but I actually agree with Sassymomof2...... They have hearts made of ice when it comes to GW's. In the 8 months of me trying to get them to GW some lates, I have yet to hear of anyone having GW success with BOA.... EVER!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but if ANYONE says otherwise I'm betting they have longer noses than Pinocchio!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
focused1914
Regular Contributor

sounds like you guys are correct.... but hey    lets all keep trying

Message 14 of 18
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I have a paid charge off with BOA, I have probably sent them around 10 GW letters and they will not budge.

I already closed my checking and savings account with BOA and took my $20k to another bank, I will never again do business with a bank that only screws their customers.

Message 15 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sassymom,

For a nominal fee (plus interest and penalties) they will help you pack.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

@Drkaje lmbo! Boa should be forgiving especially since they just got some new capital contributions. I guess their bank still feels they are invincible-like Walk ova ya. Keep up the GW letters. I will start mine up again shortly.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had luck with a single 30 day late from February 2009.

I called the card services number to try over the phone.  The rep was really nice but said he couldn't help me.  Told me to write in and good luck.

It took about 45 days or so for me to hear anything - but then one right after the other I received two letters.  One stating they'd remove it and the second stating they considered the matter closed.  It turns out it was actually off of my credit report before I received either letter.

It was relatively recently - just over the summer.

I sent a pretty standard sorry, didn't mean it, I've been a happy customer for years and hope to be for a long time, pretty please remove this mark.

For what it's worth I was late on $11 I'd forgotten about while traveling out of town and I never carry a balance (other than that $11).  I don't use the card frequently but when I do it tends to be for larger purchases - a few hundred here and there.

I had responded to a different post about BoA and got a few requests for the address, but I don't know if anybody else has a) tried or b) had any success.

I'm always surprised by the BoA posts but from the sounds of it I just got lucky?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.