Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA reported to Chexsystems "suspected fraud"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA reported to Chexsystems "suspected fraud"

I was on chex systems because of BoA and I emailed the ceo a goodwill letter. They called and asked me about the account then They deleted me from chex systems and ews.
Message 11 of 16
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

I wrote a GW letter to BofA in Jacksonville Florida as this is where the Recovery Dept. said they'll decide to remove it or not. Can you please message me the CEO to whom you wrote? Where are you located? I am in California.
Message 12 of 16
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'm currently using the Walmart mone card. My concern about a bank account is I plan on buying a home in the next 6-12 and the loan officer that I'm working with said no lender will approve me without a bank account. I've been on Chexsystems since 4/2012 so it hasn't quite been 4 years yet. From what I'm hearing it's gonna really tough to get a fraud designation off even for a small amout such as mines.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The banks have always been able to have someone removed from Chexsystems but at the Princable level or department level,  some people just don't want to submit the request.  Good luck

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know this is old.. hopefully you get this message how did it take to be completely removed

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some experience with ChexSystems.  I'm still on it by 2 banks. One of them for account abuse/NSF, and one marked Fraud.

I've only recently realized I could pull their report, but it's falling off very soon. So this is advice not how to battle them but just what I did in the years without a bank account:

First, get yourself an American Express Serve card. It's a prepaid like NetSpend, but without any fees, with free ATM locations, and only a $1 a month service fee, but if you direct deposit with them, they waive the fee.  I've been using this as my main "checking" account for many years. 

Limitations:  Not everyone takes AmEx, you can't write checks, and you can not wire money, so you can't use it as a "checking account" for important stuff. Gettting gas sometimes they put a $100 hold for a week, annoying. But for every day swiping, and bill payments, they're great. Their customer service is great so if you lose your card and someone uses it, it's really easy to dispute, etc etc. It's a good service.

To get around the limitations, I've had to get a NetSpend card that I only used very rarely only if Visa is required. Instead of checks, money orders.

Fast forward to just a few weeks ago, I realized that BBVA Compass bank does not use chex systems. They have two free checking options - I applied for the main one, they denied it, but they allowed me to make the other one. I assume it's their version of a second-chance account, but they market it like a regular checking.

So yeah, with 2 banks still on ChexSystems, I was able to open an account with them, get a visa check card , all that great stuff.

Hope that helps! Order your ChexSystems report. I disputed something on my report and they came back with a BOX of paperwork, actual checks I wrote, my signatures on a lot of stuff. It was SCARY. Just fyi.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.