Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA says Date Closed is never reported

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: BofA says Date Closed is never reported

Closed date is really of no importance.  It would be the DOFD that is and it is the one that can not be changed.

So you disputed it as paid and this is how it updated.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:

Closed date is really of no importance.  It would be the DOFD that is and it is the one that can not be changed.

I agree.

So, Lucent, are you saying that BoA changed the DoFD, which effectively re-aged the this debt? Look at the monthly payment history. Has anything changed? If in doubt, call TU and ask them to tell you the CRTP Compliance date for this account. Take that date, and count backwards 7.5 years to see if you end up in the ballpark of the DoFD.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

I would say that a 94 point FICO drop is pretty important. Wouldn't you?

No offense intended Guiness, but that's an awefully obtuse thing to say.

LilMirth, thanks for the pointer - I'll look into it.

Message Edited by lucent on 02-19-2010 02:18 PM
Message 13 of 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

That isn't what Guiness said at all. 

We have asked several times what is the DOFD, but have not gotten that information from you.  These arfe the things we need to know to be able to assist you.

Between "before" and "after", has this date changed??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

No, it is not obtuse.  The closed date has NO BEARING on your FICO score at all.   I already said it would be the DOFD that was the important one.  Legally it can't get changed.

Thank you MO!

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-19-2010 04:20 PM
Message 15 of 24
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

This must be whats in the script for BofA reps....I just went through the same thing, I had a CO with them in 2005 paid off in 2006 they reported late payments for 2yrs after my final payment. I disputed the numerous wrong lates and they removed it, but then added another CO to the account, so get this the account was CO twice...So I called them and they said that they dont have DOFD nor do they report it, and that they dont have a date for the CO, just the date the account was closed (which was when I made my final payment). Then I asked for the info regarding my late payments and they said they dont have that info either....This is BofA, the original OC, and they seem to not have anything. So when I called the CRA to get the info that BofA supplied to them after the first dispute the CRA told me that they dont provide that info....lol.. no one provides nor has any info...isnt that grounds for removal???
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 16 of 24
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

BoA must have their wires crossed - real bad.

I think the best approach is to address them in writing. Their reps or so called account executives are just cusomer support with no knowledge/power what so ever and you need to get at least a supervisor on the line to move things forward.

In my experience, and after spending hours on the phone with them, certified letters work the fastest and keep you stress level down.

My short recap with BoA:

I had a settlement with BoA in 2008 and final payment in Sep of that year.

I found out they sent if to CA in Nov 2008 because they did a hard pull - breach of contract.

I called BoA. They found a glich in their system - account rep punched in the wrong code (imagine that) but it took them another two months to pull the account back from the CA.

Got a 1009-C in Jan 2009 and then a copy of the same 1009-C March. Perfect.

Fast forward 12 months I get a 1009-C for the same account, but with settlement date on Jan 2009 - disputed via fax and corrected.

My suggestion: Get a copy of your records showing what you describe and mail (CMRR) them with an explanation of what you think the problem is and what you want them to correct.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucent,

Forget everything that I previously stated in this thread. Yes, everything, LOL!

Send a written dispute to TU (CM but not RR), disputing the Closed date. It sounds as if you still have proof of having paid the account in 2007. Send copies of that evidence in your dispute. I would simultaneously send a modified OC letter to the BoA HQ (CMRR), requesting an investigation into the account history. Be specific about the *harm* that has resulted from their misreporting.

Because you've recently disputed this account, I wouldn't be at all surprised if TU comes back with the frivolous diputer claim. If they do, ignore that, file a complaint with the FTC & your AG against both BoA & TU, record the complaint numbers, and send a MOV letter referencing those complaints (CM).

If that doesn't get it taken care of, post back and I'll give you my "Sue the bums" spiel. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience with bank of America.   account went bad DOFD march 2003  then charged off in 2005.  I started my credit repair in 2008 and paid the CA in may 2008.  BOA updated my account to charge off agin , and added a new account to boot... in 10/2008, just before i bought a house plummeth my score.   call the rep at the CEO office .  got a letter that this is done for billing purposes first account is charged off, then a new one gets populated (same account listed twice.  ummH??.      this is the last account on my report.  exp age off in 4/2010  then the same acco on equifax off in 12/2010 go figure.    the populated for billing chanrge off age off  tu 12/2010  EXP  1/2011.   too confusing so i am hammering BOA to get rid of them all in 4/2010.    

I am awating response to complaint i filed with the BBB of delaware about this.    i was sucessful with this tactic with CHASE  too many DOFD on teh same account ( CHASE gave in)  

My point is this is a re-age and that is illegal  so you have grounds to now have them remove teh TL totally.  write to the BBB of delaware.  they will mediate for you. 

good luck

Message 19 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see all the fuss over the "date closed,"  or any dates of payment, or dates of any charge off.   They are almost meaningless.

These are not dates  that I would waste a second in disptuting.

Your date of concern is the date of first default (DOFD) in the original creditor account.

The date  you first went delinquent with the OC, and never brought that OC account back into paid, good-standing status before the hail stones of a charge off or collection hit your doorstep.  No closing date of the OC account, or any other reporting, has any affect on this one date-certain.

That sets the 7 1/2 drop off of the CO or CA from your CR, and most likely, also your state SOL.  FCRA 605(c).

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-20-2010 10:09 PM
Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-20-2010 10:12 PM
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.