Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonneville Billing - PGE Bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonneville Billing - PGE Bill

I moved from Portland to California in early 2012.  During this time, I missed my last payment to Portland General Electric.  During the move, I did not realize that I had this bill outstanding for ~$115.  The bill was sent to Bonneville Collections Agency.  

I tried contacting Bonneville Billing to get a letter of deletion but they informed me that they do not do this.  I spoke with Portland General Electric and they told me that the only way to get the bill recalled from collections was if I re-start service with them.  This would be incredibly difficult since I no longer liver in Portland.

It seems rather silly because I did not even realize that the bill was outstanding, it's a very smal amount, and it is severly affecting my credit score.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best get this removed?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bonneville Billing - PGE Bill

@Anonymous wrote:

I moved from Portland to California in early 2012.  During this time, I missed my last payment to Portland General Electric.  During the move, I did not realize that I had this bill outstanding for ~$115.  The bill was sent to Bonneville Collections Agency.  

I tried contacting Bonneville Billing to get a letter of deletion but they informed me that they do not do this.  I spoke with Portland General Electric and they told me that the only way to get the bill recalled from collections was if I re-start service with them.  This would be incredibly difficult since I no longer liver in Portland.

It seems rather silly because I did not even realize that the bill was outstanding, it's a very smal amount, and it is severly affecting my credit score.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best get this removed?

Ive had dealings before with these guys, could not get the PFD. It wasnt reporting monthly so I never paid it and just let it age off. I would try a PFD directly to the office of the CEO that is something I never did and now I know I should have. Here you will find some examples of PFD letters:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an address that I might be able to send the letter?

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have an address that I might be able to send the letter?

Bonneville Collections

Corporate Office

1186 East 4600 South Suite 100
Ogden, UT 84403
(888) 621 – 7880

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much appreciated.  If they refuse a PFD, does it do me any good to actual pay the debt and get a letter that is paid in full?

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Much appreciated.  If they refuse a PFD, does it do me any good to actual pay the debt and get a letter that is paid in full?

If its updating monthly for you then it would stop that and it can age in the eyes of Fico. Paid collections are always preferrable to unpaid ones in underwriters eyes. If you do decide to pay without a PFD you can attempt GW letters after its been paid.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is always beneficial to pay a delinquent debt, even if it has become excluded from your credit report.

You may be asked, when applying for credit in the future, to disclose any unpaid, delinquent debt.

That could be basis for credit denail.

Paying removes that possibility.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.