cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought car from buy here pay here with big down!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought car from buy here pay here with big down!

My husband and I bought a car last year for 13,000.00 down at a buy here , pay here. The car is paid off now.
I know that we should have done another method but please this is not the issue here.
I was thinking if we sell the suv we could use the extra money towards our bad remarks on our credit and re establish our credit in a better manner. We will ultimately loose money in the short run, but I know in long run this will be good. Any thoughts please, be gentle.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Bought car from buy here pay here with big down!

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I bought a car last year for 13,000.00 down at a buy here , pay here. The car is paid off now.
I know that we should have done another method but please this is not the issue here.
I was thinking if we sell the suv we could use the extra money towards our bad remarks on our credit and re establish our credit in a better manner. We will ultimately loose money in the short run, but I know in long run this will be good. Any thoughts please, be gentle.

Congrats on paying off the loan, that's always good.  Smiley Happy     Hopefully the car dealer reported to the CRAs so that you will have positive payment history showing...Is this the case ?

I'm not sure that I understand how you'll lose money by selling the car since it is paid off ~ can you elaborate on the negative remarks on your credit report ?   How much do you owe, are the accounts open, closed, in collections, or charged off ?   Are they credit cards or other loans ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , but no because its a "buy here , pay here" so they don't report. It's a nice suv , but no one is really in the market to buy a used one at a decent price. But I know if we sell it at a not so good price we can use that money for other things on our report .
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Selling the vehicle is a wise thing to do if it is not needed.  I hope that you won't take too big a hit on it though.   The extra money to pay down other bills and not having to pay the insurance on it will be a benefit to your financial situation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.