Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bouncing back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bouncing back

Good news! I started my credit repair journey last week Monday. Here's an update as of 05/01

11 points up on TU this morning. 582+11= 593

All collection accounts are paid. CBE group who held 3 of the accounts were paid today are will send a report for it to be removed on Sunday. I had called last week Friday and asked to PFD, rep discounted 30% for a total f $744. I offered $450 and she declined and said to call the OC hospital to see if they'd do a charity forgiveness. I called OC and they submitted the app last week. Today when I called the CA to just settle it and pay the $744, my accounts were reduced from $1162 down to $102.02!!!! I paid and the accounts will be removed from all CRAs!  Express recovery and Bonneville collections were paid a year ago and I sent GW letters today asking for it to be removed. I hope because the were medical bills and all have been paid, that theyll delete them.

Another collection letter came in today for my son's ER visit. I called the hospital directly and they took the PIF and will retract the account from collections.

That would clear all CAs from my record!

Bad news...

Called our credit union for our auto loan that was PIF May 2012. The two last payments April and May 2012 are showing up on EQ and EX as a derogatory paid/closed account. They are two 30 day lates. The rep and her manager denied any goodwill effort stating the FCRA. I have a GW that will be mailed out today. I'm disappointed because we've been with them for 19 years and the two auto loans we had with them were PIF within 3 years. He said he couldn't do anything about it.

Can credit unions remove two late payments? 

When can these 2012 lates be removed from CRA reports? I thought it would be 5 years.

AMEX declined my request for a CLI due to my FICO. I'll try again in 2 months and be re-rated.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do the NY and Utah tax liens have your FULL (not just 4 digits ) social secuity number or birthdate?  If the tax lien has just partial  it can be dispute under the national consumer protection act.  It is a very short dispute letter. I am suprised they won't send you a withdrawl.  

Honestly I don't know. I've never seen the actual lien from NY or UT. No paperwork. NY had our address from 2008. How would I find that out?

Can I dispute them now since they've been withdrawn? I read here that if you dispute it, they won't fight it if its been PIF and withdrawn.

Message 12 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Lates will fall off 7 years from the date of occurrence.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two ways to dispute the  tax liens a) get the wihdrawal letter or b) get a copy of lien and make sure it does not have name, address, and either ssn or birthdate

The plan b is under the National Comsumer Protection Act.  and you  dispute it for lacking all the elements of validation.   without the withdrawl letter you have to go with plan b because its a public record.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

17 days in and I'm out of the 500's and in the 600's!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Updates in Blue 5/11/17

Cpineapple wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I joined MyFico on 04/24 and have put in over 30 hrs this week working on repairing my FICO scores. We have finally caught up on bills since the economic crash in 2010 and the passing of our son in 2013. Let's just say it's been a freaking journey to get to where we are now. I'd love for your expertise on how I can aggressively increase my scores. I have been reading many threads and I have done quite a few things, but please share your wealth of knowledge and excellent credit karma with me.  Here's my credit story...

FICO 8

EQ 580  TU 582  EX 604 (4/24/17)

EQ 614  TU 602  EX 651 (5/11/17)

Mortgage FICO

EQ 564  TU 598 EX 540 (4/24/17)

EQ 631  TU 647 EX 640 (5/11/17)

GOALS:

1) Increase credit score to 720 by September 2017

2) PURCHASE HOME THIS YEAR 2017

3) Open 2 more credit cards because I only have one Delta AMEX $1000 with $25 balance that I pay in full.

-Applied for a CC at my bank. Waiting to hear thier answer.

Debt: Auto loan for $14,500, paying twice a month. Reg payment of $345 plus a principal pymt of $150/month (4/24/17)

Accounts 17...17

Collections 6...3

Public Records 3...2

Inquries 1...2

Util: 97%!...97% (paid and should report at >9%, hasn't updated yet)

Accounts 17

-I was stupid and closed many of my accounts back when we were struggling. I made payment plans with 3 of them and paid them all off.

-I have 3 that are derogatory because there were late payments back in 2011-2012. I have written GW letters that will be mailed on Monday.

-The rest are reporting as "good standing"

-Student loans are PIF but Nelnet (who sold my loan in 2010) is still showing that I was 120 days late in July 2010. I called to ask for GW but no luck. I'll just wait to have it removed this summer.

Collections 6 (All medical)

Three are reporting PAID/CLOSED. I have written GW letters to be mailed Monday asking for accounts to be deleted. 

-One CA responded via mail and said they will be requesting the deletion. No one else responded yet.

Other three CA are with one company (CBE Group) Totalling $1196. I called to ask for a PFD and Wrote a PFD letter to be mailed Monday. 

-PIF and they were to delete the account on Suday. However, TU is showing a $96 balance owed!

-Collections showing on CR: EQ 1 TU 3 EX 0 (5/11/17)

Public Records 3 (4/24/17) 

A NY state tax lien popped up from 2012 for $138. PIF on Tuesday and they said they'll send me a letter to verify payment in 60-90 days. I have sent a dispute Experian as I hear people have been having luck getting liens removed. 

-Eq and Ex deleted the NY lien via online dispute with CRA. TU did not respond yet. (5/11/17)

-TU listed the lien and judgement for the NY lien as two separate iems. Disputing.

A UT state tax lien for $1200. PIF on Tuesday and they said it was withdrawn. Filed a dispute with Experian. (4/24/17)

-Still showing on all 3. Waiting for response from dispute filed via online with all CRA. (5/11/17)

Public Inquiry 1

Target application.

-Applied for a checking CC from my bank. (5/11/17)

I am so inspired by many of you and I know it it'll take time to rebuild. Do you think I'm on the right track? Is there anything else I should be doing to rebuild? Do you think it's possible to reach my goal of purchasing a home this year? I will be applying for a new credit card at the end of next month when I see my score go up a bit. Which card would you recommend?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.