Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boy did I screw up...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy did I screw up...

Have had lots of positives and scores are 649 EQ and 678 TU from myfico. My car loan matured and although I paid the payment on time, I did not pay the full balance remaining within 30 days thinking there was leeway. I paid half the balance on day 33 and will pay the remainder on day 47. This will probably destroy my hard work in one simple misunderstanding. There were extenuating circumstances, namely car trouble and a family death and travel expenses related to that - we were out of town for the funeral on day 30 (Sunday) and day 31 as well as day 32. My chances at home ownership have probably been blown and I am so upset with MYSELF.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Boy did I screw up...

How long have you had your car payment? No other issues? When do you plan to buy?

See if you can get them to goodwill the late by explaining the circumstances and your situation.

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was planning on applying this week but loan officer suggests waiting to see how it will report. As of now, it has not reported... I have one other late in Decemver 2009 and the note was 48 months.
Message 3 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Was planning on applying this week but loan officer suggests waiting to see how it will report. As of now, it has not reported... I have one other late in Decemver 2009 and the note was 48 months.

I would go ahead and write a compelling goodwill letter just in case they do decide to report you as paying late.   Hang on to it just in case the lates show up.    It's possible that they might cut you some slack....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should try to email it to someone before reporting even occurs? Or maybe contact the Main branch of the bank?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This bank is the owner of the mortgage company I want to apply with Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you think I should try to email it to someone before reporting even occurs? Or maybe contact the Main branch of the bank?

It might not hurt to be proactive ~ you could call them and inquire about how they report lates.....explain the situation and ask nicely for some goodwill.    If that fails then start with the emails and/or letters.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I took the proactive route and called the bank... With this simple phone call they shared that they fixed my account so that it would not report late. What a blessing... In other credit news a dispute with Sallie Mae over a late payment (90 days) last October may end favorably for me. This removal will be another blessing for me... ")
Message 8 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

sorry about your loss, but glad the bank is not a complete<?{

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too... And thank you... The bank was very helpful and understanding...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.