cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking a lease - into collection???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Breaking a lease - into collection???

I have checked my lease.  This particular community's leases are very involved and binding.  The three reasons *allowed* are 1) death in family, 2) moving at least 50 miles away for a job change, and 3) being reassigned if in the active military. 

Message 21 of 28
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have checked my lease.  This particular community's leases are very involved and binding.  The three reasons *allowed* are 1) death in family, 2) moving at least 50 miles away for a job change, and 3) being reassigned if in the active military. 

That doesn't sound like it's community specific. It sounds like standard SoG landlord/tenant verbage.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yessir, I do believe those are fairly basic lease terms.

Message 23 of 28
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Message 24 of 28
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Reasonable time is generally 7-14 business days. In Texas its 7 business days.  You can even get a health inspector in your city to evaluate the problem at little to no costs as documentation.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 28
jadeite788
Established Contributor

when you notified them of damages it has to be of certified letter where the recipient has to sign the receipt stating that someone in their office received the notification.  Thats when it starts the process.

Message 26 of 28
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi madmann26 and, yes, that's the very first thing I did.  Quite pleasantly and reasonably, too.  The office worker was not interested in my explanations nor my reasons, she cited the three reasons allowed, and told me I'm responsible for the remainder of the balance until the office can re-lease it.

Check your lease paperwork. Every lease that I have signed has included a clause that states that if I meet certain requirements (ie, timely notification of vacating, usually 30-day written notice) I can move out, though, I would forfeit my deposit or security monies.

The lease is suppose to follow landlord/Tenant Act per state regardless.  No exceptions.  This is an issue of what is habitable and inhabitable conditions.

Message 27 of 28
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That doesn't sound like it's community specific. It sounds like standard SoG landlord/tenant verbage.

+1

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.