Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighthouse/CPA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brighthouse/CPA

Hello all. I will make this as short as possible. I have a collection from 2013 currently with Credit Protection Associations originally with Brighthouse. I am currently trying to pay it off, so I can get services with Brighthouse again. My total includes charges for equipment (it was my brothers house, cable in my name), that I still have. Since its been so long will Brighthouse take back the equipment? And should I try to pay it through Brighthouse or CPA? I'm trying to do it quick and the best way for my credit. It's about $900 I owe, with the equip charge and I finally have the money to pay it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Brighthouse/CPA

Best way to find out is to contact the OC and see if they will take it back. You might also be able to get them to recall the collection and work directly with them on getting it all settled.

Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Best way to find out is to contact the OC and see if they will take it back. You might also be able to get them to recall the collection and work directly with them on getting it all settled.

+1

Calling them should help direct you on what to do.  As was stated, they may even work with you. It's worth a shot.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Call Brighthouse. They CAN and WILL recall the debt from the CA, you can pay them directly, and the TL from the CA will get deleted.. Same thing that happened to me, and that is how it worked out in my case. They are prettyf friendly to deal with (BH that is)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Oh, also. they will ALWAYS take the equipment back, and credit your account. Make sure you do it FAST, as BrightHouse's days are so numbered at this point, as the Charter deal has officially gone thru with them!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.