Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brother lied on fraud affidavit

tag
Thomased
New Visitor

Brother lied on fraud affidavit

My sister and I were victims of idenity left from a family member we recently had those accounts amd are left wither accounts and student loans. My brother also filled out an affidavit for one account not being his but others that were. What will be the consequences for him because they will probably find out the accounts are his. Also, will this affect my sister and I since we all have the same name and this was done by the same person?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Brother lied on fraud affidavit

@Thomased wrote:

My sister and I were victims of idenity left from a family member we recently had those accounts amd are left wither accounts and student loans. My brother also filled out an affidavit for one account not being his but others that were. What will be the consequences for him because they will probably find out the accounts are his. Also, will this affect my sister and I since we all have the same name and this was done by the same person?

What your brother does should not affect you. As long as your affidavit and police report are honest, you should be fine. He on the other hand should and probably will end up in a lot of trouble.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 3
Thomased
New Visitor

Re: Brother lied on fraud affidavit

I hope everything turns out alright for him. He actually said they took off those accounts but I'm not sure what will happen after the 30 days while they check everything out. I told him that they may put it back on or fine him but I have no clue.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.