Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Credit Fast - Help

tag
Little_Lulu
Contributor

Building Credit Fast - Help

Hi. I'm trying to build credit fast. I have 4 student loans (totaling $5,000). Credit score (obtained from lender is 580, Credit Karma says 650) Avg. age of credit history 1.5 years. No baddies, I don't think (I missed 3 payments on my student loan before but not recently). I just got a car loan 16% interest on $12,000. I want to refinance my car loan ASAP after building up some credit. What's the best way to do this?

I applied for the CAP1 Journey card and was approved for $300. I applied for a Victoria Secret card with a 7-10 message.

Any advice? Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Building Credit Fast - Help

Best way is too keep the 1 card or 2 if you get the VS card on time payments and keep utilization low. 1reporting 0 (vs) and the other 1 between 1-9% of credit limit when it reports. Don't go app crazy either as it will hurt you with inquiries. Good luck. I believe cap 1 likes it better when you use your card and they allow multiple payments per month.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.