Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building TU and EQ scores

tag
LabLady
Established Member

Building TU and EQ scores

I have been in the process of building up all 3 scores. MY EX is 643, TU 578 and EQ is 573 ( TU and EQ are from USAAA Credit Monitiring so not real FICO). I recently found out that the 2 cc's I have ( 1 secured 1 unsecured) are only reporting to EX and TU). Can anyone suggest a cc that reports to all 3 or at least EQ so I can get that score up. I am needing to but new car and am looking at a Ford so I would like to get my CS up to 700 on all 3. TIA

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Re: Building TU and EQ scores

Capital one secured
My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 2 of 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

How old are the secured and unsecured cards you have? Its possible they simply havent started to report yet to EQ.  I would contact the vendor of the cards and see if they report to all three.  If they dont, you could ask them (worst they tell you is no).  Capital One secured card will be a triple pull and will probably not graduate to a unsecured card.  They sometimes give unsecured auto-CLI (Ive received two on mine) and you can deposit extra funds. 

I would avoid cards like Wells Fargo, that report as secured, and typically dont graduate.  We really need some more information on your CR's to give you some better ideas.  What do you have on them now? Baddies, loans, CO/CA, BK, etc.  What is your AAoA and number of inquiries? Do you have access to NFCU, USAA or other harder to get into Credit Unions?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
LabLady
Established Member

My cc's are around 2 years old. Unfortunately, I got them before I found this forum. They are Applied Bank so no reporting to EQ which I didn't even think to check when getting them.

I do have collections that if my dispute efforts don't pay off I will attempt PFD's for. 6 on EX, 2 on TU and 5 on EQ. My DTI is around 5 %. My UTA does suck and I plan on paying down my 2 cards next month. Even with my baddies my total debt is only $1300. I do belong to Clearview Federal CU and just applied to DFCU on Friday. Waiting for my approval. 

As for inquiries, I have 7 on EX,  4 on EQ, 5 on TU. Soke are over 2 years old so not sure why they are still there. What is AAoA

Message 4 of 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Average Age of Account is AAoA.

You only need 2 secured cards so I would look at Cap1, Bank of America and maybe look into DFCU and see what they offer.  Compare the three cards and pick one best for you.  Cap1 is pretty forgiving in terms of approval but Bank of America is probably the best long term.  (Note: with BoA you need to put down a larger deposit first as I recall they will HP you on subsequent deposits.)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
LabLady
Established Member

Ok AAoA is between 5 and 6 years depending on CR

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.