Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bummed....

tag
guardmama04
New Contributor

Bummed....

I have been working HARD on my credit and disputed two accounts, JCpenny and Credit one who have zero balances and have been deleted from the collection agency. Got an email this morning from equifax that they have been "verified". I had a credit one email someone on here gave me and have emailed them like 4 times no reply, also the same with Jcpenny.

Has anyone called these companys and had success getting them deleted? Should i explain to them that the companies they sold it to have already dropped from my report? Or should I just leave them alone? These accounts are from 07/08

Not to mention yesterday Enchanced Recovery added a "collection for wachovia" to my credit out of NOWHERE, no notices nothing. I already filed with BBB bc I couldnt get anyone on the telephone and just waiting to hear back.

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bummed....

Make sure you get a DV out to Enhanced Recovery as soon as possible.  You should receive a dunning notice within 5 days or there is a violation on their part.  The DV will bar any collection activity until they verify it and that will give you some time to do your research and get things in order.  Just make sure you use the words validate and not dispute.  Some CAs are now taking DVs and making them disputes trying to bypass the timebar of collections from the DV.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: Bummed....

However you contact them I would not mention the CA has removed them from your reports already.  You will be contacting them and asking for a goodwill adjustment so what the CA did doesnt matter.  Legally those 2 companies are entitled to report as they are so when you write your goodwill letter be polite and honest.  If you have already emailed them then I would suggest mailing a letter to the address on your credit reports for each of them.

With regards to the new CA +1 on what Shogun said.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.