Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunch of CO successes...wondering what my score will be

tag
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Bunch of CO successes...wondering what my score will be

So a month ago I pulled all 3 credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. This is what I have gotten deleted off my credit reports

EQUIFAX: (FICO SCORE 613 AS OF 5-27)

North American Credit Services: 2 accounts were listed. I disputed them (medical collections).Already got the letter from the CA they were deleting it since they could not validate the debt and disputed it for a second time with the CRA to have it removed

Financial Credit Services: Medical collection account for 148$ removed.

Merchants Credit Adjusters: Medical collection account for 256$ removed

Jefferson Capital: Wachovia Bank for 408$ removed

LVNV: Collection account for 561$ (called them today and they closed the account and sent deletion letters to CRA)

Total of 6 accounts removed.

EXPERIAN:

Jefferson Capital (same as the account above and already removed)

Preffered Collection: medical collection account removed

General Service Bureau: Medical collection account removed (this was not mine)

Merchants Credit Adjusters (same as above)

LVNV (same as account above plus another one listed so 2 total accounts removed from them. AGAIN, this should be dropped off once they get the CRA gets DEL letter)

6 total accounts deleted from Report.

Transunion

LVNV (both accounts listed above from Experian being deleted)

General Service Bureau (account listed above)

Jefferson Capital (listed above)

One new collection showed up for WESTBAY AQ a week ago which i called the next day it popped up on my credit monitoring and  disputed and they closed that account the next day after i filed a BBB complaint and i disputed it with Credit Reporting agency and they sent them a verification notice which will get removed

Total removed 5 accounts

Total of 10 Charge off accounts removed in the last month alone from all 3 CRA.

The only thing remaining are

midland accounts (4 on EXPERIAN/3 ON TU/2 on EQ) from 2007-2008

Credit One bank reporting on all 3 from 2007-2008- UPDATE: REMOVED

Capitol One reporting on all 3 from 2007-2008

Assest Acceptance reporting on all 3 (collection for the CREDIT ONE BANK) UPDATE- REMOVED

GE PAYPAL reporting on all 3 from 2007-2008

2 HSBC  reporting on all 3 from 2007-2008

I have contacted CREDIT ONE BANK office of the president and sent them a dispute resolution to get that account removed which is serviced by ASSET acceptance.

Waiting to hear back from their fraud department in the next few days. If they delete, than ASSET will be forced to delete that tradeline as well (fingers crossed)

UPDATE 7-20: BOTH CREDIT ONE AND ASSET ACCEPTANCE ARE REMOVED

Once the dust settles, i am going to pull all 3 credit scores and see what my new scores are. I can't wait. gotta give it a couple of more weeks till i get the final emails from EXPERIAN, TU and EQ advising new information has posted to my credit reports.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: Bunch of CO successes...wondering what my score will be

Just an update on the post above

North American Credit Services has now removed that account from my EQUIFAX report

LVNV has removed the tradeline from EQUIFAX but both accounts still remain on TRANSUNION and EXPERIAN. They did advise me they would remove it on the next reporting period so i must have missed the cutoff for those 2 CRA. They also advise the BBB in my complaint to them the tradelines would be removed so I have that for my records and supposedly I will get the letter of removal in the mail in the next few days.

THE only THORN in my side is MIDLAND. God I hate those basterds.

Message 2 of 17
goosedog
Regular Contributor

So an update to the 2 posts above

Here is what I have left on my credit reports, and it seems I may have hit a road block (maybe?)

EXPERIAN (9 potentially negative items)

BANKRUPTCY (2/2005)

Capital One charged off CC (Closed. $1,056 written off)

HSBC (BEST BUY) Charged off CC (Closed. $651 written off)

HSBC (Orchard ) Charged off CC  (Closed. $584 written off)

GE CAPITAL/PAYPAL SMART CONN )Closed. $675 written off)-Sold to MIDLAND but MIDLAND isn't reporting it to any CB

MIDLAND (No Status on CREDIT REPORT (Target account) balance $660)-removed 2/2015

MIDLAND (No Status on CREDIT REPORT (CAP 1 ACCT ABOVE balance $1398) -removed 3/2015

MIDLAND (No Status on CREDIT REPORT (HSBC BB ACCT ABOVE Balance $1119)- removed 5-2015

***MEDICAL BUSINESS CONSUL-MEDICAL COLLECTION FOR 179$. I have sent debt validation letters, i have called and disputed it, i have disputed it with credit reporting agencies, i have filed a complaint with BBB. The FLORIDA attorney generals-CONSUMER FRAUD DIVISION office, also a complaint with the office of financial regulation which issues the license for collection agencies, an FTC COMPLAINT, and NOTHING..i can't get these aholes to delete it or validate the debt.  I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.

EQUIFAX (5 potentially negative items)

BANKRUPTCY (2/2005)

Capital One charged off CC (chargeoff)

GE CAPITAL/PAYPAL SMART CONN (chargeoff)

HSBC (BEST BUY) Charged off CC (chargeoff)

HSBC (Orchard ) Charged off CC (chargeoff)

MIDLAND -COLLECTION (HSBC BB ACCT ABOVE Balance $1119)

TRANSUNION (8 potentially negative items)

BANKRUPTCY (2/2005)

Capital One charged off CC (chargeoff)

GE CAPITAL/PAYPAL SMART CONN (chargeoff)

HSBC (BEST BUY) Charged off CC (chargeoff)

HSBC (Orchard ) Charged off CC (chargeoff)

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC - (collection 1119 HSBC)

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC  (collection CAP1 1398)

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC  <collection Target 660>

Message 3 of 17
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I have been emailing the hell out of the TARGET AND GE excutives to get those accounts removed. Even though TARGET is not showing up on my credit report, if they can get MIDLAND to remove it, i wont have to worry about midland anymore.

I did get a letter from GE AND TARGET both on friday. GE SAID we are reporting properly and blah blah blah and it was charged off and blah blah, but someone told me he succesfully got his thing removed so i am still attempting to go that avenue and see if that contact at GE pans out.

As far as TARGET, i am, still tracking down CEOs and VP and emailing them. I am sending out a postal letter to the PRESIDENT of TARGET  addressed to him with a signature card to confirm someone signed for it at their CORP headquarters in MINNEAPOLIS.

I think CAP 1 and HSBC are pretty much a lost cause. I have yet to hear anyone getting them to succesfully delete or alter an account.

Message 4 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Keep at it 

Wishing you much successSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Very nice! I've found that the more relentless you are with disputes, emails, and letters, the more the collection agencies just want you off their back. Lets face it, they dont gain anything by keeping the account on your CR after they have been paid. May take some time, but they will give in. Congrats on all those removals! 

Message 6 of 17
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

@goosedog wrote:

I have been emailing the hell out of the TARGET AND GE excutives to get those accounts removed. Even though TARGET is not showing up on my credit report, if they can get MIDLAND to remove it, i wont have to worry about midland anymore.

I did get a letter from GE AND TARGET both on friday. GE SAID we are reporting properly and blah blah blah and it was charged off and blah blah, but someone told me he succesfully got his thing removed so i am still attempting to go that avenue and see if that contact at GE pans out.

As far as TARGET, i am, still tracking down CEOs and VP and emailing them. I am sending out a postal letter to the PRESIDENT of TARGET  addressed to him with a signature card to confirm someone signed for it at their CORP headquarters in MINNEAPOLIS.

I think CAP 1 and HSBC are pretty much a lost cause. I have yet to hear anyone getting them to succesfully delete or alter an account.

I'm assuming you are talking about Da Bears who had his CO deleted and changed to a positive TL.. His was a particular case because GE essentially charged off the account twice: one amount was charged-off on one report, and a different amount was charged-off on another. 

Message 7 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

I did get a letter from GE AND TARGET both on friday. GE SAID we are reporting properly and blah blah blah and it was charged off and blah blah, but someone told me he succesfully got his thing removed so i am still attempting to go that avenue and see if that contact at GE pans out. Is the TL reporting inaccurately? is the charge-off paid in full?

As far as TARGET, i am, still tracking down CEOs and VP and emailing them. I am sending out a postal letter to the PRESIDENT of TARGET  addressed to him with a signature card to confirm someone signed for it at their CORP headquarters in MINNEAPOLIS. Target CEO has no say so over what the bank they use for their credit cards are reporting to the CRA's

Message 8 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Very nice! I've found that the more relentless you are with disputes, emails, and letters, the more the collection agencies just want you off their back. Lets face it, they dont gain anything by keeping the account on your CR after they have been paid. May take some time, but they will give in. Congrats on all those removals! 

They actually do. Paid or unpaid collections won't raise your scores. Paid in full collections will look better on a manual review of your credit report.

Message 9 of 17
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@rd2rebuilding wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

I'm assuming you are talking about Da Bears who had his CO deleted and changed to a positive TL.. His was a particular case because GE essentially charged off the account twice: one amount was charged-off on one report, and a different amount was charged-off on another. 

No not talking about DEBEARS, but another member who kindly pm'd me and provided some behind the scenes contacts to try and see if they will work with me. I am just trying all avenues before i declare the GE war over and a lost attempt. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.