cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burton Neil & Associates? Midland... again!

tag
TopCat99
Valued Member

Burton Neil & Associates? Midland... again!

This post is more or less a continuation of a thread I started in October, but rather than bump something that old and now outdated, let me just summarize and then get to my question...  Midland Credit Management/Midland Funding LLC/whatever flavor they are this week claims to have bought an old CO.  In September, they sent me a dunning letter/offer to make payment arrangements.  Then in October, they sent me a letter saying that I had until 10/25 to pay or make arrangements, or I'd be sued.  Like a dummy, I called them to make arrangements. I spoke with a CSR gave me excuse after excuse why she couldn't negotiate and I'd have to call back.  I gave up after the third call and never heard another thing else from them.  Usually CA's are salivating as soon as you mention you want to pay.

In November, I sent a letter CMRRR stating the above and never received a response.  I still never heard anything--no more letters, no calls, nothing.

So yesterday I got a letter from the Law Offices of Burton Neil & Assoc, who "has been retained to collect the sum our client alleges is owed by you."  This is a standard dunning letter with no threats whatsoever and it's actually kind of polite(!) for a CA.  A quick forum search led me to only one other thread and that person was sued by this firm, so that doesn't give me much to go on--or much hope of it just going away Smiley Wink

So the question is, should I DV again?  BN&Assoc claim a different amount than Midland, so that alone is wiggle room.  I need to tread lightly because I'm within SOL for another 6 months.   Should I send them a CMRRR letter telling them I've tried to deal with Midland with no response?  Personally I'd like to ignore it and hope it gets buried on someone's desk for about seven or eight months, but I don't have that kind of luck.   Advice, please!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
shanie1120

Re: Burton Neil & Associates? Midland... again!

Hi TopCat,

I received a letter similar to this about a year ago, but from a different attorney's office regarding an account through Midland Credit Management. I sent a DV letter to the attorney's office. I have yet to hear anything from the attorney's office again. I am too getting ready to pass the SOL on the debt.

Shanie

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.