cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business CC and authorized users, do they work the same?

tag
kbl7td
Established Member

Business CC and authorized users, do they work the same?

Had my parents add me as an authorized user on a chase ink business card. It has never shown up on my credit report. However, they never did activate the card that was delivered in my name. Do business cards not report authorized users or do we need to activate that card for it to report?

They also have some US bank, capital one, and bank of america business cards.. Are any of these likely to report on my credit?

Keep in mind I'm choosing ones that have a long history, and low utilization. Right now I only have a $300 credit limit on one card and one of these that have about a 30k limit should bump me up a bunch.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business CC and authorized users, do they work the same?

I have a Chase business card that does not report at all.

Message 2 of 5
kbl7td
Established Member

Ya I really gave up hope on that card awhile ago. How are BOA, US and Cap One about reporting on AU? Does it cary by card type? BTW these are personal ones.

Message 3 of 5
kbl7td
Established Member

Anyone have any input on the business card thing? Do business cards not report? These are cards that have my parents name on them and the business name. 

Also, as far as credit cards, which company is good about reporting authorized users, Bof A, US bank or cap one?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From experience: a number of years ago at a previous employer I had a Business Amex Platinum (omg'sh that was SUCH a nice card!!) and yes, it did report to my CRs.  When I left the company ... so did the TL Smiley Sad  Their Avis Credit Card (car rental card) did not report.  I have no experience on any other cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.