Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a House

tag
Tangerine2013
New Visitor

Buying a House

Is it even possible to get a home loan with a 569 credit score? If so pleaassse tell me how I can go about doing so.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Buying a House

Minimum is a 620 and that is going through FHA.

Message 2 of 6
Tangerine2013
New Visitor

Thank you DaBears, That's what I was told but I just wanted to make sure. Guess I will just have to continue to work on raising the score.

Message 3 of 6
FaaastCash
Established Member

Before shopping for a home loan, you have to check your credit rating. A score under 620 is considered poor. And with a score below 680 but above 620 will give you a good chance that you can get a loan. It is always advisable to raise your score by repaying other debts.

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Minimum is a 620 and that is going through FHA.

Not true.

FHA minimum is 580; but most lenders have adopted a 620, or yet, a 640 rule in order to qualify.

Wells Fargo still does loans below 620; but you will likely have stringent conditions and bring more money to the table. But they still do them

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
Hannahsmom

I am in the same situation... I have been on the mortgage forum of MYFICO and I have seen posts where people are getting home loans with a 580... Most all I see are FHA and they have older bad debt, nothing in current open collections... Manufactured dealers are the easiest to get finianced from  with a low score but would you really even want to just "get approved".  I was like you just about a week ago.. I just wanted an approval and didnt care how much I would be out... but after pulling my reports and assesing all of my finances I would much rather work on my credit now for a few more months and hit that "over 620" mark... this will save so much more money and that also means qualifying for more house if I have that lower interst rate! Smiley Happy Good luck with your journey!!!

STARTING: EX-515 TU-570
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.