Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a house

tag
gnperdue
Established Member

Buying a house

I would like to buy a house with my VA loan one day but don't know where to start. I wanted to know what my FICO scores are but I see that in order to get all 3, it costs over $50. I was wondering should I get all 3 to start or just get equifax ? I am also going to order my reports to see what I need to start working on clearing up but I need an idea of where I am at. The info in my siggy is a few years old.

Starting Score: EQ 552; TU 550; EX 542
Current Score: same as above
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buying a house

@gnperdue wrote:

I would like to buy a house with my VA loan one day but don't know where to start. I wanted to know what my FICO scores are but I see that in order to get all 3, it costs over $50. I was wondering should I get all 3 to start or just get equifax ? I am also going to order my reports to see what I need to start working on clearing up but I need an idea of where I am at. The info in my siggy is a few years old.

Mortgage specific: I'd just get the EQ score here and then go pull my reports from annualcreditreports.com.  The EX / TU scores found here aren't used by any mortgage lender that I'm aware of, whereas the EQ one matches identically on conventional and on all other mortgage underwriting I've seen reported, though those other programs aren't mandated by the GSE's like conventional ones.

        
Message 2 of 3
gnperdue
Established Member

Re: Buying a house

Thank you !

Starting Score: EQ 552; TU 550; EX 542
Current Score: same as above
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.