Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying first home!

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Buying first home!

The installment loan for your car helps with your credit mix. When it closes you still get the positive payment history factored in but may take a small hit. I wouldn't worry about it to much tbh.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 11 of 21
mompreneur1
New Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:

Mom...-

Grant and Weber has been the toughest one yet. ..they would not budge on Hippaa process and my collection rep stated that if you can do a PFD but then they would not delete  BUT I spoke to a supervisor who when  I wanted to go over every little payment I made and how it did not add up he got frustrated  with me (ha ha) and did  a PFD and they dropped off (2 so far, waiting for last one and counting ..5 days) 

If you need a contact, let me know..

Thanks a bunch for your response. Very helpful!

I am in the HIPAA process with Grant and Weber right now. They have deleted all besides 1 med collection on my CR  (grrrr Smiley Mad) and won't budge on the 1 med collection on DH CR (double grrrr Smiley MadSmiley Mad) I was just wondering if it were better to PFD vs. go through HIPAA. However, from what you have mentioned I think I will keep at it with HIPAA (for now).

However, if you can please PM your contact to me for Grant & Weber, I'd surely appreciated it. JIK things don't work out with HIPAA.

Thanks again and enjoy your new home!!! DH and I are repairing credit for the same goal! Homeownership ahhhhhh Smiley Happy

~Mompreneur1Heart

Message 12 of 21
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Congrats when you pull the mortgage trigger be sure to keep an eye on reports as zombie sleezballs tend to show up.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 13 of 21
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Buying first home!Momr

Mompreneur1-

I would not give up on the HIPAA process, it worked on several of my accounts..if it doesn't work remember..a PFD with Grant and Weber states they will not remove BUT if you speak to a supervisor they have all the ability to do whatever they want, a PIF will surely delete with a Promise but I was unable to get anything in writing with them, I had to take their word for it  and they followed through (thank goodness) ..this last one is the one that the supervisor did a PFD and settled for a lesser amount, I still have 5 days to go to make sure his word is solid. I will keep you posted..

I will PM you my contact but she was strict with the rules, make sure if you call to speak to a supervisor, do not give any info, not your account number or last name..state you ONLY speak to a supervisor and that is it.  They have the only  power to do anything.  

Play hard ball..

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 14 of 21
mompreneur1
New Contributor

Re: Buying first home!Momr

Wait..so they will do a PFD if I PIF?  That's good to know.Smiley Surprised

I am actually a bit confused as to what to do next regarding HIPAA. I have done the pre-dispute letter. They erased all medical collections but 1 ($1,800) and 1 other on DH CR (about the same amount). How did you proceed? Have you gone through the HIPAA process with Grant & Weber?

Please send PM with your contact and I'll be on the look out for an update!

Game on! Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 21
Lasardo
Established Contributor

If you PIF they WILL delete but it's hard to get something in writing from them.
Paying a lesser amount does not guarantee a deletion.. I was advised one or the other. Mad far as HIPPAA, it's was complex for me so whenever in doubt ask..
I'll PM you the name..
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 16 of 21
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Please explain this max your card method then PIF science for me I have a thread asking for breakdown of how this works. It's actually my first thread I done this by accident and experienced a 40 point jump. I would like to to know the actual science to this? Cause if your letting the card report as maxed it will affect your score negatively.
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 17 of 21
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Fico has no memory of what you use during the month only a snap shot. So if you max out your credit card and PIF on or before the due date then once the statement is cut it will report to the CRA's as showing a $0 bal. Fico does not like that cause it looks like your not using your cards. If you have multiple cards I would suggest keep all but one card at a $0 bal and the others between 1-9% UTIL  then rotate each month. 

Message 18 of 21
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Good stuff well I have to go buy gas with my cap one now are something because because I just paid in full whatever was on there.
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 19 of 21
907grown
Established Contributor

Congrats to you!!! I can't wait to be in your boat!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.