Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye, Bye Baddies, Hello 700 Club!

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Bye, Bye Baddies, Hello 700 Club!

Hello everybody,

Recently, I had a tax lien get taken off of all three of my credit reports under the new guidelines. That led to a 20-30 point jump on TU and EX, but a 58 point jump that moved my EQ to 717. 

I saw that I had one more baddie on TU and EX, which was a chargeoff of $180 from Verizon from August of 2011. I decided to pay it since I wanted to have a clean set of reports for the first time in a long time. It came off of TU yesterday and my score is now 737. I expect it to be taken off of EX in the next few days since I sent them the paperwork proving it was paid and move my score from 660 to the 700+ range. 

Yesterday, I checked out my EX profile since I have it monitored for free there. I also pay for MyFico monitoring and the scores you see are all Fico08. Anyway, the EX profile went as far back as December of 2016, which is when I got my first credit card in my rebuild, a $500 CL CapOne Platinum. At that point, it was 577, and I know it was at least 100 points lower during the years I was struggling financially and couldn't pay off the cards I had, almost all of which were subprime (2006-2013).

So, what is my point? I guess that with time and effort, you can rebuild your credit scores. It may require payments, it may require paperwork and it may require some luck, but it can be done. I am by no means done with rebuilding, since there is the 750 Club, the 800 Club and the 850 Club left to "join". I won't be entering the 800 or 850 clubs anytime soon since I have student loans to pay off (which are current, no lates), but I will be in the garden until January of 2019 (unless I prequalify for a top of the line "superprime" (10K SL minimum) card), so I hope to be in the 750 Club by then. I have no plans on applying for anything any time soon and I have more than enough credit to be satisfied at the moment, so all I want to do is wait.

I have to thank all of you on MyFico, who showed me the proper way to handle credit and helped me get to where I am today. It's not a perfect 850, but I'm happy to be where I am. To all of you coming here for the first time and wanting to learn how to manage your credit, this is the best place to do it since we all support each other. I'm happy to be a part of it and hope I can help some of you in one way or another in the future.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye, Bye Baddies, Hello 700 Club!

Congrats!! This forum is great and it's put me on the right track as well.
Message 2 of 3
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Bye, Bye Baddies, Hello 700 Club!

Just a quick follow-up. The baddie just came off of Experian. It's now 724. 

Thank you, MyFico folks, for showing me how to manage credit and get my scores up 150 points in eight months. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.