Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Enhanced Recovery (ERC)!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye Bye Enhanced Recovery (ERC)!!

I had a 2011 T-mobile collection with Enhanced Recovery that was placed with them in early 2014. I disputed the debt, I tried to PFD with ERC, I even attempted to get T-mobile to recall the debt through customer service to PIF and was told "it was too late". I wrote an email to T-mobile explaining how I was trying to settle my debt, but ERC was impossible to work with. I got a  phone call (recorded on both ends) today from the CEO's office explaining the debt is being pulled back from ERC, and if I PIF the debt will be completely deleted from all CRPs. I ,of course, agreed and T-mobile asked for me to give it 90 days to all be deleted but they are making notations to the account if there are any issues.

So excited...one step closer to clean reports.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Corifto
New Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Enhanced Recovery (ERC)!!

Awesome. Same boat as you.  I also requested a letter from Tmobile and followed up with ERC and am waiting on their letter.  This was my last baddie.

Message 2 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I did the exact same thing with an ERC collection for ATT.  I called ATT, made a big deal, spent an hour on the phone with a very helpful CSR who was working with two levels above and they took my payment and recalled the collection.  The collection was deleted.

Technically the CA's don't have to delete, but as a practial matter, they will never say no to the wishes of ATT or T-Mobile or Dish.  If the OC wants it done, it gets done.  Period.

Glad you had the same success as I did.

I would never advise anyone to pay the CA if they wont agree for a PFD.  If they say no, go back to the OC.  

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a 2011 T-mobile collection with Enhanced Recovery that was placed with them in early 2014. I disputed the debt, I tried to PFD with ERC, I even attempted to get T-mobile to recall the debt through customer service to PIF and was told "it was too late". I wrote an email to T-mobile explaining how I was trying to settle my debt, but ERC was impossible to work with. I got a  phone call (recorded on both ends) today from the CEO's office explaining the debt is being pulled back from ERC, and if I PIF the debt will be completely deleted from all CRPs. I ,of course, agreed and T-mobile asked for me to give it 90 days to all be deleted but they are making notations to the account if there are any issues.

So excited...one step closer to clean reports.

Grats   Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! ERC has been a PITA through my rebuilding journey. I have one more collection with them and hopefully they never pop up again!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.