Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Portfolio Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye Bye Portfolio Recovery

I was finally able to get Portfolio Recovery Associates to remove a collection account for a charged off credit card. I'm not sure what did the trick, but I initally disputed with all 3 credit reporting agencies and that didnt work. Then filed a complaint with the CFPB and that didnt work. Sent a complaint to the BBB and that didnt work. But today I check my credit reports and its gone from all 3. Finally!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye Portfolio Recovery

@Anonymous wrote:

I was finally able to get Portfolio Recovery Associates to remove a collection account for a charged off credit card. I'm not sure what did the trick, but I initally disputed with all 3 credit reporting agencies and that didnt work. Then filed a complaint with the CFPB and that didnt work. Sent a complaint to the BBB and that didnt work. But today I check my credit reports and its gone from all 3. Finally!!

Good job!!! Keep it up..

Message 2 of 4
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I had to read this twice to make sure I didnt write this because the same exact thing happenned to me, tried all the avenues you did and PRA always  "verified" then last time I filed a BBB complaint they still didnt cave but in the process had mailed me so many conflicting documents that I was going to take them all and send to attorney general but they deleted and sent me a letter stating they deleted their trade with no other explanations!!!!

good riddance PRA!!!!

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to you they are a tough nut to crack.   Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.