Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye T-mobile/Midland!!! - Special Thanks to MrOUOKC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye T-mobile/Midland!!! - Special Thanks to MrOUOKC

I received my validation page today.. i will submit a dispute with the CFPB Like the others have done and I will report back on the progress. Thanks for the great info people!

Message 61 of 68
debtfighter
New Contributor

Success!!!!!!!! Midland deleting from my credit report. Sent a complaint to CFPB for my T-mobile account with Midland on may 23 and got a response from Midland on May 28 that they are deleting from my credit reports. Thanks for help everyone! Now if I can get ERC off my reports I will have a clean credit report!!

Message 62 of 68
debtfighter
New Contributor

Yes! I did. I don't even care about the refund, I just wanted midland off my reports. I sent complaint to cfpb on May 23 and got a response back from company on May 28. My bill was paid to midland not tmobile though. I don't know if having paid midland already helped me or not.

Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for me as well!!!!!!!!! got a repsonsejust 10 minutes ago. Took only about 4 days for a repsonse

Company responded 

MIDLAND FUNDING, LLC said:
Explanation of closure
Thank you again for your inquiry through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  As indicated in your complaint, your desired resolution was to have the account deleted and removed from your consumer credit files.  We have investigated the claims brought forth in your complaint as outlined in our summary response.  As a result of our investigative measures, your complaint has been "Closed with Non-Monetary Relief."  Please see the attached response for a full description of our investigative results.
Relief
Mr. xxxxx, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit made the business decision to close the account.  There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account.  In addition, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete Midland Credit's reference to the collection account in question from your consumer credit files.  Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.
Message 64 of 68
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Congrats to everyone who beat Midland!  

I know I'm late to the party, but unfortunately the request is past the deadline.  I have a CA from 2011 through Midland, any ideas on how I can find out if I was subjected to the cramming situation?  Or how I can make this work for me?  I'm willing to PFD Midland, but I know that's a slim chance of success.  

Thanks!

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 65 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone has any info on what I can do now that the deadline has passed. (I tried to validate my account for cramming but the link no longer works).I would really appreciate it I have collection from 2011 keeping me from getting a house right now it's the only bad thing on.my credit report any help would be greatly appreciated 

Message 66 of 68
Keebs1
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone has any info on what I can do now that the deadline has passed. (I tried to validate my account for cramming but the link no longer works).I would really appreciate it I have collection from 2011 keeping me from getting a house right now it's the only bad thing on.my credit report any help would be greatly appreciated 

I am also passed the deadline and any info on how I can make this still work would be greatly appreciated.

Message 67 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the info I got from another member and it worked for me
Hello !

Yes, go to http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ on the right hand side file a compliant.. Put this in it. Good luck let me know if you need help

WHAT HAPPENED

Describe what happened so we can understand the issue... 

I checked my credit report and it shows there is midland credit management reporting to for a tmobile account. This account is shown to have been opened around the T-Mobile cramming sue whch makes the amount not certain and needs to be immidently deleted from all credit bureas.

This is about a(n) Debt collection: Other (i.e. phone, health club, etc.) 

Which of these best describes your issue? Cont'd attempts collect debt not owed: Debt is not mine 

DESIRED RESOLUTION

What do you think would be a fair resolution to your issue? 

Delete all information from all credit breaus.

Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.