Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByeBye LVNV!!!

tag
iMarcus
Contributor

Re: ByeBye LVNV!!!

Thanks it took them 2 days to respond and a total of 5 days to actually tell me that they are going to delete it...
Message 61 of 141
TheBrules
Valued Member

Cool, then I should hear something early next week......!

Starting Score: EX: ? / EQ: 565 / TU: ?
Current Score: EX: 655 / EQ: 675 / TU: 565
Goal Score: EX: 700 / EQ: 700 / TU: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 141
PeacefulP
Regular Contributor

Hi! I'm new to the forums, but am dealing with LVNV...I'd love the PM too. Thanks in advance!

Starting Score: TU 634 EQ 614 EX 648 5/20/13
Current Score: TU 631 EQ 643 EX 641 8/7/13 (All Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 63 of 141
Lovinme1st

Congrats!!! Can you please, please, please send me what you wrote in your letter.. I have been in an ongoing battle with them as well.. 

Thank you so much!

Message 64 of 141
TheBrules
Valued Member

Ug! Still waiting to hear on my BBB complaint! Driving me nuts! I want these credit terrorists gone!  Smiley Happy 

Message 65 of 141
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@beanie7132 wrote:

Thank you to everyone on this board who has contributed thier stories. Because of it, I was able to get LVNV to remove thier reporting from my reports. For those fighting this company I submitted a BBB complaint with regards to them listed as open, factoring, and increasing my balance each month by 4 dollars. This is my first successful fight, so I am pretty excited right now. Hopefully they wont just sell it off to someone else - even so it reaches CRTP in a few months.

I received my results today:

Dear BBB employee name:

This letter is in response to XXX complaint dated March 5, 2013. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending XXXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, XXX  should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx     Reference No.           Original Creditor: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Great Job. I know you have had alot  requests but if you would i would appreaciate the info as well.

Thank You so Much

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 66 of 141
TheBrules
Valued Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my reply from the BBB today.

"After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur.  Additionally, XXXXX should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxx0342          Reference No. XXXXXX           Original Creditor: XXXXXXXX.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at XXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,

GOLIATH"

In my complaint I simply laid out my position that:

1) I never recieved a Dunning notice

2) I sent 2 DV letters to LVNV and both were returned to me non deliverable

3) The account # they referenced on my credit reports was and never has been an account number for any creditor I have ever had and that they (LVNV) could not and would not provide any more information or detail for me to validate the debt they "claimed" I owed.

You can attach 1 document via the BBB's system, so I PDF'd my DV letters and green cards.

In the text of my complaint I added a line at the bottom that after exhausting all efforts to get LVNV to validate this debt I was utilizing what I consider my "last resort" options of:

1) BBB Complaint

2) Complaint to the State Attorney General

3) Complant to the State Board of Collections Agencies

4) Complaint to the FTC

5) Lawsuit if the above were not succesful.

$200 CA account.

Pretty simple really.

I think they just bank on people paying, and of the hundreds of thousands of debts they buy, they will roll over if you get nasty with them.

Message 67 of 141
Want2DoBetter
Established Member

May I receive your sample letter as well?   I'm in the same boat with LVNV.  

Thanks so very much!  

Message 68 of 141
Aphrodite

Oh Happy Day!  OH HAPPY DAYYYYYYYY...  Thanks Beanie for making space for all of us in your lifeboat.  I think.... there will be a deletion, but, it only shows one account being deleted.  There were two listed which I actually think are the same account listed twice different account numbers.  Does a tradeline deletion mean all instances of LVNV on my reports?

Message 69 of 141
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Aphrodite - Did you list each account number in your complaint? I would have if there were two or more on my reports. I also would mention that the second instance is a duplicate of the first.

Message 70 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.