cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByeBye LVNV!!!

tag
LD100

Re: ByeBye LVNV!!!

Is there any way that someone can share with me the letter they sent to the BBB that resulted in removal of an LVNV account. I have been reading this forum for 2 years trying to decide if I should send something to the BBB to try and get my 2 LVNVs removed from credit. I was trying to wait them out until they fell off as they are now 5-6 years old. This is because I was nervous that if I disputed and lost, it would somehow reage them. (Can that happen?) These 2 accounts are listed with some possibly incorrect info And missing some details on my CR. They were from a time when I I was having a terminally ill child and doing what I could to survive due to not being able to work. Both are for small credit cards. I have not had a late payment in over 5 years and built new positive history, but this LVNV reporting twice monthly (2 accounts) on my CR continues to keep my score in the low 500s. I have a great career now and income, but these are keeping me from getting a house, car, etc in my name. I have read the different threads multiple times but can never find the actual letters that were successful and sent to the BBB on the forum and threads. If someone could please, please send me the actual information they sent the BBB to get the deletion successfully, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, any other info or tips would be much appreciated!! I don't think I can wait for the next two years for these to fall off my report and want to try to get them off now if that is the best thing to do. Thanos in advance for any help or advise you can offer. Feel free to pm me. Thanks!!
Message 81 of 141
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Normally, the complaint is filed online with the BBB that is for the company you want to file a complaint with.  If I remember correctly, it has been awhile since I did it, you put in the company name and they will direct you to the correct BBB website.

Have you tried disputing with LVNV?  Have you disputed online with the CRAs?

You have to have a valid reason to dispute and to file a complaint with the BBB.  Just trying to get them removed is not a valid reason.

As for the BBB complaint you would tell them what has happened with the company and why you are filing a complaint.  1. You disputed inaccurate information and they said it was correct   2.  They refuse to correct inaccurate reporting.   3.  They promised to delete after payment and now are refusing.

Something along those lines.

Message 82 of 141
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Normally, the complaint is filed online with the BBB that is for the company you want to file a complaint with.  If I remember correctly, it has been awhile since I did it, you put in the company name and they will direct you to the correct BBB website.

Have you tried disputing with LVNV?  Have you disputed online with the CRAs?

You have to have a valid reason to dispute and to file a complaint with the BBB.  Just trying to get them removed is not a valid reason.

As for the BBB complaint you would tell them what has happened with the company and why you are filing a complaint.  1. You disputed inaccurate information and they said it was correct   2.  They refuse to correct inaccurate reporting.   3.  They promised to delete after payment and now are refusing.

Something along those lines.

Exactly what Guiness said.. I will send you what I sent to them that helped me remove it..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 83 of 141
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

All,

I never imagined this thread to get so long, or for so many to ask for how I did it. I hope I have helped at least one person with a removal. I have responded to all those who have PMed me, so if you would to know what I said in my complaint please send me a PM. Its easier to follow those and reply to those.

As for them actually deleting - The day AFTER I received the delete letter through the BBB, LVNV updated my credit reports with an increase of 6 bucks to the balance. You can imagine this had smoke coming out of my ears. I called each CRA and obtained thier fax number along with what info each one needed to process my letter. I faxed the letter along with items such as DL, Address, etc. The tradelines were gone within a week. (I had to fax to experian 3 times total).

PS. I owe the LVNV success to rckstrscott Smiley Wink

Message 84 of 141
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I filed a complaint with the BBB of SC since that's where their parent company is on the 4th. Still waiting to hear back. I got a response from the BBB saying my complaint has been forwarded over to RESURGENT which is the owner of LVNV funding.

Message 85 of 141
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

It will take a week or two for LVNV to answer the complaint, then another day or two for BBB to forward you the response. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 86 of 141
TheBrules
Valued Member

Thanks beanie! I guess tomorrow I will start faxing and mailing my BBB letter to the CRA's to get these bozos off! 

Starting Score: EX: ? / EQ: 565 / TU: ?
Current Score: EX: 655 / EQ: 675 / TU: 565
Goal Score: EX: 700 / EQ: 700 / TU: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 87 of 141
Thexy

I have 2 separate accounts with LVNV being reported with 6 different sets of information. I have DV'd them for the last 4 years and they have just sent back the computer printout. I decided to try through BBB, now I am stuck at how should I actually respond. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Problem

Nature of Complaint: Billing or Collection Issues - No Detail Provided Problem:

LVNV, as listed on my credit report, are attempting to collect a debt that they haven't proven is mine. I know nothing of this alleged debt and want strict proof of it or it should be deleted.

Desired Outcome

Desired Settlement: Other (requires explanation) Desired Outcome:

I want these accounts deleted immediately.

Complaint Background

Not all of these questions are required.  Please provide as much information as you have. 1. Product/Service Purchased:  

Dates you complained to the company/organization

Name of Sales Person

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 5/18/2013 3:12:32 PM against Resurgent Capital Services LP.  Your complaint was assigned ID XXX.

The business has sent the BBB a message regarding this complaint, and we are passing it on to you.  The contents of this message are below or attached.  Please respond to this message within 10 days or the complaint will be closed.

The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on the BBB web site (BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information in describing the nature of your complaint. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

May 23, 2013

edited

RE:     

XXX

Previous Creditor:  North Star Capital Acquisition LLC

Original Creditor: Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.

Current Owner: LVNV Funding LLC

Account Number: 

Reference Number: 

Current Balance: 

Dear Ms. edited:

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated May 20, 2013 regarding the above referenced account.  LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in XXX.  Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by North Star Capital Acquisition LLC (“North Star”) on or about December 30, 2011.  As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $4,127.89. Please review the following account information:

This account originated on March 19, 2007 and was opened with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (“Wells Fargo”).

This account charged off on August 31, 2008.

The last payment in the amount of $130.00 was received on January 22, 2008.

No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing it in December 2011.

All rights to collect were transferred to LVNV when this account was purchased from the previous creditor.  Therefore, this account is being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies.  The original creditor also retains the right to report the history of this account from the origination date to charge off.

In response to an electronic credit bureau dispute received on April 11, 2012, verification of debt with validation was sent to XXX on April 12, 2012 in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”).  Enclosed is a copy of this letter for your records. Please note that receipt of this complaint is the first written notification our office has received regarding this account.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the LVNV tradeline is being reported as “disputed” with the three major consumer reporting agencies. It will continue to report as such for the appropriate time period based upon the facts we have currently.

If after review of the above referenced information XXX believes this account is fraudulent, we would ask for a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website:http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0094-identity-theft-affidavit.pdf.  If this account was paid or settled in full, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  In addition, if XXX has any correspondence to/from North Star and/or Wells Fargo concerning her dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have her forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918

MS 250

P.O. Box 10497                     

Greenville, SC 29603

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

edited

Compliance Department                                             

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Enclosure

I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID XXX, and have determined that this does not resolve my complaint.

LVNV stated in the letter that they are operating as Resurgent, however, the only company on my credit report is from a "LVNV". The April 2012 date that you refer to is when your company, LVNV, reinserted the account on my credit report after you failed to provide legal validation that I asked for and not the first debt validation as your asserted in your response. I have disputed with the company in accordance with 15 USC § 1692g since 2009, with proof, by myself, and 3 other third parties and have never received what I asked for nor what is required by law, however, the Credit Agencies confirm that you certified the debt was mine electronically. Also, LVNV is reporting on my credit credit that this account is Open and continues to update 120+ late status every month. LVNV has also confirmed in this response that they inflated the alleged debt by their own illegal standards (15 USC 1692e) as well as reporting different information to each Credit Reporting Agency.

My credit reports state the LVNV is a Factoring Company that is in collections but your attached validating refutes this information (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.).

As a consumer, I have fulfilled all of my obligations to verify this alleged debt with LVNV. As a collection company, LVNV (or whatever alias they would like to operate under) have blatantly broke many of the consumer rights given to me as a citizen of the United States. If you cannot come to an agreement within allotted time by law to have this account removed from my credit report, than a Judge will need to make a final decision.

This letter is in response to the additional concerns submitted by XXX dated May 29, 2013 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding, LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in XXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV. Therefore, XXX’s statement about LVNV reflecting on her credit bureau is correct.  However, Resurgent does not operate as LVNV, but rather, services accounts on their behalf.

The only communication that Resurgent received from XXX

prior to receipt of this complaint was a dispute that she submitted electronically through the credit bureau. To which, Resurgent responded in the adequate time permitted by providing the corresponding information to the respective credit bureau. Furthermore, Verification of debt with validation was mailed to XXX

in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”).

There appears to be some confusion regarding the credit bureau reporting of this account. In most cases, creditors charge off accounts once they are 120 days or more past due/delinquent.  The statement “120 days past due” is generally how a charged off account is defined by the credit bureaus.  Due to the account being charged off, the bureaus still report it as 120 days past due.  This comment is added by the bureaus to further define the account; therefore, this statement cannot be altered.

Furthermore, the consumer reporting agencies define factoring company as a company or individual who purchases accounts with the intent of collecting debts owed.  Therefore, the term is accurate in this situation.

We respectfully disagree with XXX’s statements regarding the interest accruing on this account being unlawful.  We can charge interest and are charging six percent.

The tradeline will not be deleted; however, it is being reported as ‘disputed’ to the three major consumer reporting agencies. It will continue to report as such for the appropriate time period based upon the facts we have currently.

We hope this addresses the additional concerns submitted by XXX

.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

edited

Compliance Department                                            

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Message 88 of 141
bolivar76

It worked!! Thanks to this forum LVNV is deleting from my report, however my wife received the same letter as the member above. She has 10 days to respond so any help on how to answer is appreciated.
Thanks.
Message 89 of 141
TheBrules
Valued Member

They removed from my Experian report, no score bump though, I am wondering why.  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EX: ? / EQ: 565 / TU: ?
Current Score: EX: 655 / EQ: 675 / TU: 565
Goal Score: EX: 700 / EQ: 700 / TU: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 90 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.