Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByeBye LVNV!!!

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: ByeBye LVNV!!!

I stirred the pot and out came LVNV - they bought my old debt from Capital One - an account that was opened in 2003, DoFD was 2004, seriously 10 years later.  

They have somehow calculated that the new amount owed with interest is $2,450, they basically doubled the old debt.....I just received this today 7/30/14 even though

the letter is dated 6/14/14..  I need a PM of the letter that worked too please.  

Such scum bags.  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 131 of 141
jaclyn4238
Established Member

Could someone kindly message me the protocol on dealing with these people? I have a collection account listed with them and the original creditior was world financial ntwork bank. I believe I was an AU on my EXH acct and he defaulted.

Message 132 of 141
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

Could anyone kindly PM with the contacts they dealt with at LVNV?  Greatly appreciated!!

Message 133 of 141
boozenberry

Hi All,

I'll try and keep it short, so bear with me.

Before I really became aware of the tools and actual power that we as consumers have, I felt very helpless in my credit situation and was just paying off bills thinking this would be the best way to get back on the right path.  One of the bills paid was to LVNV over a Best Buy card.  If I'm not mistaken, I finished paying them off in January 2013. 

However when I log in here and check out my details, I notice they are still shown under the "Collections" tab.  Is that correct, or should they be moved out of that category since it is no longer an active/open account?  Also, and more importantly, what options do I have (if any) to get them removed from my reports entirely?  Or did I kind of screw myself by paying without demanding PFD?

Message 134 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know what you wrote them, I have repeatedly disputed the dates of deliquency but experian refuses to investigate this. I don't know what else to do, they extend the date by 1 year. I did research on lvnv and they are notorious for this but how are they still allowed to do this? 

@beanie7132 wrote:

Thank you to everyone on this board who has contributed thier stories. Because of it, I was able to get LVNV to remove thier reporting from my reports. For those fighting this company I submitted a BBB complaint with regards to them listed as open, factoring, and increasing my balance each month by 4 dollars. This is my first successful fight, so I am pretty excited right now. Hopefully they wont just sell it off to someone else - even so it reaches CRTP in a few months.

I received my results today:

Dear BBB employee name:

This letter is in response to XXX complaint dated March 5, 2013. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending XXXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, XXX  should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx     Reference No.           Original Creditor: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Message 135 of 141
jaclyn4238
Established Member

Can someone please Pm me what needs to be done to remove these predators from my credit reports 😕
Message 136 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you pm me please they are reporting settled for less on mine😳

Message 137 of 141
dafeeder

(Mod Cut - That site cannot be linked on this board)

Message 138 of 141
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

@beanie7132 wrote:

Thank you to everyone on this board who has contributed thier stories. Because of it, I was able to get LVNV to remove thier reporting from my reports. For those fighting this company I submitted a BBB complaint with regards to them listed as open, factoring, and increasing my balance each month by 4 dollars. This is my first successful fight, so I am pretty excited right now. Hopefully they wont just sell it off to someone else - even so it reaches CRTP in a few months.

I received my results today:

Dear BBB employee name:

This letter is in response to XXX complaint dated March 5, 2013. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending XXXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, XXX  should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx     Reference No.           Original Creditor: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Can you/someone PM me how to address LVNV to have it deleted? Theyve some how increease from 209$ to 251$ and no response to my DV letters.

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 139 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I have an PM too please? I'm having the same issue and I'd like to remove a couple of HSBCs off of my file. Thanks

Message 140 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.