cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C.A. calling but not reporting to C.B's.....offering to settle, what to do?

tag
reereetx
Contributor

C.A. calling but not reporting to C.B's.....offering to settle, what to do?

We have a CA calling about a debt they say we owe to Progressive Insurance from last year.  Basically, we had Progressive insurance and just switched to Texas Farm Bureau and saved a TON of money....(just an FYI....Progressive was ripping us a new one apparently).  Same insurance coverage/deductible paying $330/month with Progressive...now pay under $100/month with TXFB!  Anyways, they are saying that we still owe Progressive like $150 but they will "settle" for $120 if we pay today.  Hubby is always the first to jump the gun and just pay.  My question is this...I checked our C.R's today and none of them are showing anything for this "debt"....so should I worry with it; write a PFD letter and if so, offer a lower amount? DH wants me to call them and make the arrangements and pay their settlement offer, but I want to make darn sure that this doesn't effect our credit in the future, how do I go about this.  I'm sure I need to get them to send something in writing agreeing to "not report" it or consider it paid in full or whatever.  Any help/advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Message Edited by reereetx on 11-13-2009 01:49 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.