Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C/O during hospitalization

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

C/O during hospitalization

Anyone know of any obscure clause of the fdcpa or ucc that covers this? For example: inpatient hospitalization July-Nov....cc c/o in Oct so there was no opportunity to pay prior to c/o. Any angle to take to have some kind of opportunity to pay it now and backdate? Any other ideas are also appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: C/O during hospitalization

Not under any federal statutes. The FDCPA only covers CAs so it wouldn't be applicable to your CC CO. Your state's UCC likely wouldn't cover it either. The argument can be made that bills could have been paid from the hospital, or in the case of incapacitation, have a POA  or disability ins. cover it. But the UCCs wouldn't apply here either because that is based on the SOL for your debt; you haven't been sued (assuming). If I had that and if I was in that situation, I would pay it off or offer a PFD if I could. If I couldn't afford to PIF, then I'd set up a payment arrangement and pay it off ASAP. After it is paid (assuming you were unsuccessful in your PFD bid) then I would GW them.

Message 2 of 3
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: C/O during hospitalization

Thank you, I had assumed as much since I couldnt find anything myself, but was worth a shot.

Worked out anyway...made my case to have the 2 accts removed in front of their Board and they agreed. Sometimes all you can do is speak in person and hope they understand. 

One more different acct with a UDF the CRAs just got so thatll hit 10 days ish. 

Puts me at 664 EQ FICO...up from 427 in Feb. 33/36 baddies removed early. One is a Fed tax lien...should be removed after 3rd DDIA payment (assuming they ever get the bank drafts started). One is a CA that just will not budge (gotta love ole  M I D L A N D) falls off in Nov anyway so Im done monkeying with em. Last is everyones favorite good ole FPB...so I just PIF today...ill just take the util reduction (reporting 388/200) and move on.

So Im guessing between the pending deletion and the util reduction when FPB C/O updates (current 607/750 = 80.9%, to 25/550 = 4.5%), I should be sittin 700 range....80% util to 0/0/5% and the newest C/O on report (2009) GOTTA be worth 36 points (will be close in any event).

<edited to be less iPhoneish...Huked Un Phonix Werked Fer Mee To>

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.