Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA DV not answered and new collection request sent within the 30 days

tag
Mizsass
Valued Member

CA DV not answered and new collection request sent within the 30 days

Hello,

I sent a DV letter to Commonwealth Financial Systems Certified Mail return receipt. I have not received the green card back, but when I put the tracking number in the postal service website I see it was delivered two days after I sent the letter. They received the letter June 14th.

I received a letter from this CA demanding payment in 10 days for the  account I requested DV. They have not responded and verified any of the information on the account in question. The account is an old utlities account that was not in my name, but has gotten attributed to my credit report, and its past SOL in the state it was originated.

I'm not sure how to proceed.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA DV not answered and new collection request sent within the 30 days

Mizsass wrote:
Hello,

I sent a DV letter to Commonwealth Financial Systems Certified Mail return receipt. I have not received the green card back, but when I put the tracking number in the postal service website I see it was delivered two days after I sent the letter. They received the letter June 14th.

I received a letter from this CA demanding payment in 10 days for the  account I requested DV. They have not responded and verified any of the information on the account in question. The account is an old utlities account that was not in my name, but has gotten attributed to my credit report, and its past SOL in the state it was originated.

I'm not sure how to proceed.

Per the GC, you could probably substitute it by printing up the info from the USPS and save that for future reference if needed.

You can also send a second DV similar to the one in here:

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.