Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA: Determining Assigned or Owned

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

CA: Determining Assigned or Owned

Is DV the only way to determine whether a collection account has been assigned by or purchased from an OC?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA: Determining Assigned or Owned

Not if the OC is also reporting. If the OC is NOT reporting you can call them & ask.......If this is a medical collection you still need to know if you are within or past SOL.

If the OC is reporting CO  Bal $0    then they sold it to a CA

Medical collections are handled different then other debts!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-22-2008 07:19 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy wouldn't it be nice if the Govt mandated a laww where when CO'ed and SOLD they had to delete the original TL. Snort huh what, sorry I was dreaming.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cookie4253 wrote:
Boy wouldn't it be nice if the Govt mandated a laww where when CO'ed and SOLD they had to delete the original TL. Snort huh what, sorry I was dreaming.

I really like that dream!!
Message 4 of 7
momof2
Frequent Contributor

I am wondering this myself, I have a CA, I dont know if they own or were assigned the account, i sent a DV and still waiting for a response, but the OC has never reported anything on my CR's, so am i assuming right, that the CA owns the account since the OC never reported?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope!
Message 6 of 7
momof2
Frequent Contributor

happydays---   not sure what you mean by nope, no that its not neccesarly(cant spell tonight) the CA owns the account even though the OC never reported?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.