Frequent Contributor
adamseve

CA: Determining Assigned or Owned

Is DV the only way to determine whether a collection account has been assigned by or purchased from an OC?
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: CA: Determining Assigned or Owned

[ Edited ]
Not if the OC is also reporting. If the OC is NOT reporting you can call them & ask.......If this is a medical collection you still need to know if you are within or past SOL.

If the OC is reporting CO  Bal $0    then they sold it to a CA

Medical collections are handled different then other debts!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-22-2008 07:19 PM
Established Member
Cookie4253

Boy wouldn't it be nice if the Govt mandated a laww where when CO'ed and SOLD they had to delete the original TL. Snort huh what, sorry I was dreaming.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Cookie4253 wrote:
Boy wouldn't it be nice if the Govt mandated a laww where when CO'ed and SOLD they had to delete the original TL. Snort huh what, sorry I was dreaming.

I really like that dream!!
Frequent Contributor
momof2

I am wondering this myself, I have a CA, I dont know if they own or were assigned the account, i sent a DV and still waiting for a response, but the OC has never reported anything on my CR's, so am i assuming right, that the CA owns the account since the OC never reported?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

nope!
Frequent Contributor
momof2

happydays---   not sure what you mean by nope, no that its not neccesarly(cant spell tonight) the CA owns the account even though the OC never reported?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+