Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA HELP

today in the mail via FED EX i recieved a itemized list of a bill from AT&T, the collectin agency is EOS CCA. My signature is nowhere on this thing anywhere just a itemized list of charges. does this mean that it is Validated?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA HELP

take a look at this thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-counts-as-debt-validation/m-p/1724362#M2...

it looks like yes.... apparantly DV doesn't mean a signed contract... it just means that the CA has the right to pursue the debt...  though I could be wrong so lets see what others say...

Message 2 of 10
dursty87
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

take a look at this thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-counts-as-debt-validation/m-p/1724362#M220496

it looks like yes.... apparantly DV doesn't mean a signed contract... it just means that the CA has the right to pursue the debt...  though I could be wrong so lets see what others say...

+1.  They do not have to provide you with a signed contract in order to validate the debt.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, well what should be my next step, i have contacted the company via email a few times and nobody is responding, i really dont want to talk with them over the phone.

Message 4 of 10
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Although I was dealing with a different CA recently, they would not answer emails or letters by mail. The only way they would accept contact was by phone. I finally caved and called in to get the information. They agreed to a PFD, but wouldn't mail me a receipt or anything. Of course, they didn't follow through. I disputed with the bureaus, TU took my side within a day, but the CA kept validating the debt for EQ AND EX. Finally I got an EX rep to do a 3 way call with the collection agency and the CA rep verified that I had paid and it should be deleted. EQ was the biggest pain in the rear! The reps were rude and unhelpful. I filed a complaint with the BBB on the CA and after a month of dealing with the BBB, collection agency, and credit bureaus, the collection is finally gone for my reports. I had to do the leg work and make the phone calls though. I kept a record of who I talked to, when I talked to them, and what we discussed. I logged this info into the BBB case.

Good luck.

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have read on here that eos cca was fairly easy to do a delte if you could get someone to respond via the email contacts, but nobody will respond.

Message 6 of 10
YMLDC09
New Contributor

I had to deal with them just last year. I called and asked them if I paid them in full that they would delete the account from all credit bureaus as soon as possible. They did without arguing which made that very easy. It was deleted immediately and I got an alert that my score changed. There is a little hope for you. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome thank you that helps, did you pay their intrest or just what the debt was for?

Message 8 of 10
YMLDC09
New Contributor

I paid the bill in full which was the balance and their fees just to get rid of it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried calling them, and they will not offer a "pay for delete" they said they will update the account accordingly to show paid in full. Anyone have any other ideas, I don't understand cause this company some say is easy to deal with. I need this off my report.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.