Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Inquiries on My credit report

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

CA Inquiries on My credit report

I see that i have a total of seven inquiries on my one credit report.  I do know that inquiries cannot be disputed with the CRA's.

What i don't understand is that the last three companies have inquiries on me, but i have never rec'd a phone call or a letter from them. No communication.  The CA's that listed the inquiries do not OWN any account.   I'm sure this is for a First Premier card that was charged off - but I just sent First Premier PIF since they did not sell the account to a CA (shows a balance of  $297) - FP did a CO on my account, but according to my credit report, they are still reporting a balance.  

There has to be rights on when CA's can make inquiries. Where might I find this information? So any collection agency can just hit my report month after month without contacting me? 

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: CA Inquiries on My credit report

I'll assume these are hard pulls, so send a non-PP letter to the CA and demand that it remove the inquires or be subjected to legal action.
Message 2 of 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: CA Inquiries on My credit report

Thanks for your response. I did send a non pp letter to one of them, never got a response. Now i am looking for the card that i sent to them and copy of theletter to forward to CRA's. I think it's so much easier to just pay bills on time than go through all of this clean up. however my score did gain about 80 points since I started this clean up in April. so the efforts are paying off.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.