Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Not Licensed in Texas

tag
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: CA Not Licensed in Texas

I just watched the news tonight and a women in Oregon just won an $18 million law suit from a CRA for failing to change incorrect information and keeping accounts that were not hers on her report. One would think that the CRAs will be quite diligent about accuracy as a result of this. If you do choose to sue ymmv (obviously since not everyone will get $18 million).
Message 11 of 17
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I have printed the FTC identity theft affidavit.  I will get is notarized tomorrow.  How long does it take for CRA to block account after it has been filed?  And will I see a substantial score jump when they get removed?  3 of them and they are fairly recent

Message 12 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 13 of 17
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I sent all the paperwork from the FTC about identity theft.  The CRA have gotten it and initiated disputes, and they say it will take 30 to complete these disputes.  This doesn't seem right.  What can I do?

Message 14 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A request for CR blocking of asserted identity theft information, if it meets the requirements of section 60B, such as a copy of the identity theft/police report and proper proof of identity, must be honored by the CRA.

It is NOT a dispute over accuracy of credit reporting and requires no supporting documenation of an inaccurcy other than your sworn assertion, and to treat it as a dispute under section 611(a) is simply improper.

The furnisher most likely has reasonable basis for verifying that you are the party who authorized the account, and thus verification of a dispute is likely.

The entire reason that congress implemented the identity theft blockage provision is to avoid any factual issues of disputes over the accuracy.

A sworn assertion before a law enfrcement agency, which carries criminal penalties for knowingly false statements, is sufficient to obtain CR blockage.

To treat as a dispute is contrary to the entire purpose of the FCRA identity theft process, and is, in my opinion, a serious violation of consumer rights to CR blocage that should be reported to the FTC.

Message 15 of 17
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

So, what should my next step be?  Should I contact the CRA and reference certain codes pertinging to identity theft?  Or should I file complaints with the FTC and initiate a lawsuit? 

Message 16 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Me personally I would initiate a lawsuit. That's a serious violation on TU part.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.