Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Refuses to Accept PFD to OC

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: CA Refuses to Accept PFD to OC

@ssondubs wrote:
Once a CA obtains the right to collect on a debt they can report to the CRAs. There is no law that says they have to remove their listing once you pay the OC. They are only required to report accurately. So if the balance has been paid the CA would have to update their listing as paid/closed with 0 balance. The best thing you can do is GW at this point.

If the OC removes it from collection and accepts payment, a CA reporting a balance due is a false item.  False items can be disputed.  If the CA has already been DV'd,and the payment is posted from the OC, but the CA is still repoirting a balance, I would dispute.  I was able to remove an AFNI account this way when I paid the OC.

Message 11 of 15
dursty87
Established Contributor

Yes, if the CA is reporting a balance after the OC has been paid that would be inaccurate reporting. Keep in mind it may take 30-45 to update as paid. Disputing it would not be a guarantee for removal as it only needs to reflect the fact that is was paid/closed with a 0 balance.
Message 12 of 15
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Thank you to all the above for your replies!

Update - 8/20/14 -

Received account printout from the OC showing that they were paid in full directly. Did not receive any copy of the notes on the file as promised.

Called and talked to the business office person who took my payment originally and stated that it would be pulled/removed from the CA.  When I told her about my last conversation with her in house fin/col person she seemed surprised and stated that it was not what we had agreed to and it should be pulled back from the CA.  She stated that she would talk to her supervisor and call me back.  She called back, and instead of talking to her supervisor, she spoke with the fin/col person I spoke with (who is stated she worked for a CA previously) and of course gave her the same song and dance she gave me.  Although she was really nice and understanding, she stated that they get no further info from the CA regarding what they charge additionally to an account they send over to them.

I mailed CM a dispute notice to EQ with a copy of the CR.  If not removed, I will send a DV to the CA. Note - the CA has not sent me anything since I made full payment in February 2014, they have only updated my credit report in March and April 2014 that the unpaid/open balance is $63 (the original OC amount).  My gut is they are laying in wait to pounce on my next move, but hopefully it will just be deleted by EQ.

Message 13 of 15
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

09/06/2014 UPDATE:

Received email last week from EQ, that they received my dispute with a link to be notified online - which I did not click into - as I want the hard copy from EQ of any response.

Will run updated EQ CR once notified of completed and update on here.

Would appreciate a good contact phone number to EQ just in case this comes back "verified", also to call them regarding ER for a few items due to fall off shortly.

Thank You!

Message 14 of 15
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:

09/09/2014 - Letter in mail from EQ stating that they had completed their investigation and that the (paid to OC in full of $63 in Feb 2014), came back verified by CA (Armada) as $63 still due and unpaid as of 08/2014!

I had requested that if it came back as verified that EQ identify by whom, etc....nothing, but a message following validation information, as to tell me to contact the CA.

09/10/2014 - Mailed CM to EQ the first letter for MOV and will see what happens next.

Still do not know how "legally" the CA can continue to show it as unpaid, when the OC even sent me a detailed statement, showing payment directly to them (which I have the original credit card receipt to the OC as payment).  This one may be a stubborn one and hopefully EQ does their job quickly.  I have not sent them the paid receipt, yet, and if they can not provide proof of validation, EQ is required to delete it from the CR...is that correct?

Thank you!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.